Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kbilliot
    • Jun 2004

Shrink backup problem

When the "Backup DVD" popup window appears, I have two popdown choices (1) "select target device" and (2) "select target image file". For option (1) I select "hard disk folder" since my video file has been ripped to my hard drive. The problem is when I choose my D drive (2nd choice) (where my blank DVD-RW is located) I get the following error: "...failed to create folder. Access denied."

Can anyone help with how to get around this? I'm logged on as administrator; there should be no access problems.
  • Mig$y
    Retired
    • Jan 2004

By the sounds of it selecting the secong option would get Shrink to output an ISO.

Do you have Nero installed? If so has "Enable Burning with Nero been selected from Edit>Preferences>File I/O>

Enabling Nero will enable you to select your recorder from the "Select target device" window.

Comment

• kbilliot
      • Jun 2004

no nero

i don't have Nero, i have "DVD Ripper"; maybe i should try nero and see if it works any differently; i suspect the step by step instructions may be flawed.
      Thanks!

Comment

• Mig$y
        Retired
        • Jan 2004

Are you using XP with an NTFS partition? If so download yourself DVD Decrypter (freeware) and get Shrink to output ain ISO. DVD Decrypter will be able to burn the image for you.

If not just select Hard disk folder from "Select Target Device" and use your burning s/w to write these files.

Comment

Working...