Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AbCdEfG02
    • Jul 2004

DVD Shrink 3.1.7.6

hi im new here......i am also new t the dvd backup stuff....i have dvddecrypter 3.2.2.0...i can decrpt the dvd...i then go to dvdshrink and re-author the dvd so all i get is the main movie...i dont want ne of the features...oo i also rip the dvd into the file mode,selecting all the files. after i re-author the dvd, i select backup!....it gives me the option of burning to my dvd drive of saving to the hard drive, i slect the dvd burner..... it encodes then it gets to the burnin process, this is were the troubles begin. my dvd drive opens after i slect backup!, i insert a dvd (TEON DVD+R 4x) close the tray and it starts the encode....after the encode it goes to the burnin screen....it sorts the files, then opens the dvd tray again and tells me to insert a blank dvd, i close it cuz i already have one in...after i close the tray it writes the files to the cache..after that it says the burn process is startes at 1x..i have an 8x burner......after it says that the dvd tray opens and closes about 2 times by itself and then it gives me an error saying the process failed but i have the files stored in a folder if i want to use another program, i also have the demo/trial version of Nero 6.....any help with this weird problem would be great..thanks in adnvance

Windows XP pro
    DVD Shrink 3.1.7
    DVD Decyrpter 3.2.2.0
    Nero 6 demo/trial
    I/O Magic DVD burner Dual format DVD +- R/RW drive
  • Mig$y
    Retired
    • Jan 2004

Re: DVD Shrink 3.1.7.6

Originally posted by AbCdEfG02
    it gives me the option of burning to my dvd drive of saving to the hard drive, i slect the dvd burner..... it encodes then it gets to the burnin process, this is were the troubles begin. my dvd drive opens after i slect backup!,
    Disable "Enable burning with Nero" in your preferences.
    Edit>Preferences>File I/O>Enable Burning with Nero.

Get DVD Shrink to create an ISO. Select this after clicking backup from the "Select target device" drop down menu. Use DVD Decrypter to burn. You can even check the "Launch DVD Decrypter to burn output image" box and if you have blank media all ready in your writer it will begin burning for you.

As you only have the Nero demo your write speed will also be limited, writing the ISO with Decrypter will not.

In future if you have a DVD Shrink related query, post it in the DVD Shrink sub-forum.

Let us know how you get along.

Comment

• AbCdEfG02
      • Jul 2004

ive tried doing that before.......it didnt play in my dvd player.....i really want the nero option to work...y doesnt it work right..r there ne other programs (free) that i could try to burn the files to a DVD....thanks again

Comment

Working...