Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Duda
    • Jul 2004

How can I record a dvd with extras onto a dvd-r disc

Could someone please tell me how I can record an original dvd that has dvd extras on it to a blank dvd-r disc.I am using the Pioneer DVR-3100 recorder for my copies at the moment but I would like to know how to record all the extras onto a blank dvd as well as the main feature on a original dvd.
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

Use "DVD Shrink" and do a "Full Disk" backup.

Comment

• Duda
      • Jul 2004

How do I record my dvd-r copy to get it to work the same as the original disc that has a dvd menu with all the extras for I have seen copies that have been recorded from originals and the recorded dvd menu works the same on the recorded disc as on the original disc.I would like to know how I can get my recorded disc with the menu from the original disc onto it for at the moment when I record the main feature I pause my recorder and then go into each dvd extra on the menu and then press record again.Can I record my dvds like the original dvd menu using the Pioneer DVR-3100 recorder?

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

"Can I record my dvds like the original dvd menu using the Pioneer DVR-3100 recorder?"

No
        Last edited by ormonde; 23 Jul 2004, 03:44 AM.

Comment

• Duda
          • Jul 2004

Could you please tell me what I would need to record my copies just like the original menu.

Comment

• ormonde
            Digital Video Explorer
            • Dec 2003

I already did. Refer to my initial post regarding DVD Shrink. You are not going to be able to "Copy" the menu structure like that of a Commercial DVD with a standalone DVD recorder by recording in real time.
            Last edited by ormonde; 23 Jul 2004, 01:10 PM.

Comment

• Duda
              • Jul 2004

What exactly is dvd shrink and wher do I get it?

Comment

• ormonde
                Digital Video Explorer
                • Dec 2003

DVD Shrink is a transcoding program that will "Compress" a commercial DVD-if needed, and will also remove the copy protection(s) too. Visit the following link for more information:

DVD Shrink is a free and user-friendly dvd backup tool, enabling you to make backup copies of your DVDs to a single DVD±R/RW or Dual-Layer DVD+R. DVDs too big to fit on a DVD±R can be edited and/or compressed. DVDShrink.info does not condone the copying of DVDs in countries where it is illegal.
                Last edited by ormonde; 23 Jul 2004, 01:09 PM.

Comment

• Duda
                  • Jul 2004

Thankyou so much for the information Ormonde you have been a big help to me.

Comment

• ormonde
                    Digital Video Explorer
                    • Dec 2003

"Thankyou so much for the information Ormonde you have been a big help to me."

Glad to be of help

Comment

• FeelinFroggy
                      • Jun 2004

Instant Copy will make an exact copy of your original DVD With menu and extras all the exact same as the original DVD

Comment

• Duda
                        • Jul 2004

Could you please tell me a little bit more on Instant Copy.If you know of a webpage or any information about it would be great.Talk to you soon.

Comment

• FeelinFroggy
                          • Jun 2004

Pinnacle Instant Copy 7.0 GUIDE — DVD-9 to DVD-5Make true 1:1 copies of your DVDs including menus, trailers, extras, bonus features.Burn a 9 GB, dual layer DVD video onto a […]

here is a link that might be a lil help to you. You can also check out
                          InterVideo DVD copy

Instant Copy is the better compression method but it takes a few hours so if your lookin for something to copy a DVD in about 30min. to 1hr go with InterVideo. InterVideo is also the easiest of the 2 to use I highly recommend InterVideo for the novice

Comment

Working...