X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • noizup
    • Jul 2004

Audio out of sync - please help

Hey guys,

Please help me I am getting demented here. When I try to convert from mpeg format to DVD using WinDVD, every time the audio is out of sync with the video. I have burned to disc and saved to HDD, both ways have the same outcome. When converting an AVI file to DVD all is well. I don't understand PLEASE HELP
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

"When I try to convert from mpeg format to DVD using WinDVD"

Are you using "WinDVD Creator Platinum"?

Comment

• noizup
      • Jul 2004

thnx for the reply. I am using WinDVD Creator plus version 1.1. I also have Nero 6.0, but I don't use it as I keep getting Read errors with that when burning, also takes too long to burn discs (over 4hours)

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

"I also have Nero 6.0, but I don't use it as I keep getting Read errors with that when burning"

Nero 6.0 is a really flawed version. I would strongly suggest that you upgrade now to the latest version. (6.3.1.17). Regarding the sync issue, try a different program to convert your mpeg file to DVD format such as "TMPGEnc DVD Author" or "DVDLab".

Comment

• noizup
          • Jul 2004

I have tried to use both the files you suggested with no luck at all - DVD lab starts demuxing until about 5% then an error appears stating that the file is an MPEG 1, than goes no further. It also states that the audio frequency is incorrect (44.1khz) instead of 48khz. It then asks to transcode audio, which it does but only for the 5% of the file it saved. TMPGenc dvd author gives me an error message"This is an illegal video file. For DVD standard you can only use MPEG1 or MPEG2. I am about to explode man!!!!

Comment

• ormonde
            Digital Video Explorer
            • Dec 2003

"TMPGenc dvd author gives me an error message"This is an illegal video file. For DVD standard you can only use MPEG1 or MPEG2."

It would appear that your original mpeg file is NOT DVD compliant. Use "TMPGEnc" or "TMPGEnc Plus" (different than TMPGEnc DVD Author) to re-encode the mpeg file so DVD Author will accept it. Use the "DVD" template form the "Project Wizard" page (NTSC or PAL) to accomplish the task.

Comment

• noizup
              • Jul 2004

I have tried to use TMPGenc - but get the error 2 File format not supported"

Comment

• ormonde
                Digital Video Explorer
                • Dec 2003

"but get the error 2 File format not supported"

Are you just having a problem with one mpeg file?

A quote from your initial post: "When converting an AVI file to DVD all is well."

Your statement above would suggest that you have been successful converting other files.

Comment

• noizup
                  • Jul 2004

I have been able to convert AVI files no problem it is just with these 2 particluar files. They make up one file (2 parts). Part 1 appears to have the audio set at 44.1 and part 2 at 48, but I don't know how to fix this. I assume that the problem lies there.

Comment

• noizup
                    • Jul 2004

Do you know any decent mpeg converters???

Comment

• ormonde
                      Digital Video Explorer
                      • Dec 2003

"Do you know any decent mpeg converters???"

"TMPGEnc" is an excellent all around encoder for the money (there is a 30-day trial period). However, there are other good ones such as "CCE" (Craft Cinema Encoder) and "Mainconcept". I believe those are more expensive.

Comment

Working...