Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HornyBass
    • Oct 2004

Fixation error message with Nero

I'm trying to burn a DVD and get a message telling me that an fixation error happened, this message appears either when I select simulate, then burn, or just simulate or just burn.

I never had this problem before.

Did someone ever had this problem before?

I have a Plextor PX-712A DVD burner and use Nero's latest version (Ultra Edition).
  • cynthia
    Super Moderatress
    • Jan 2004

Changed medium (new spindle)? You could post the error log if you wish.

Comment

• HornyBass
      • Oct 2004

I got this error using the same medias from the same spindle than I'm using since I got this burner, I finished the spindle because nero was telling me that the media was not blank even if it had just done a simulation and not burned it, I even have tried one the new DVD+Rs I just bought, I opened another spindle from the same brand/model I've been using so far, after all this the error still occurs.

The media I'm using since I bought my Plextor is ANV Ritek DVD-R 8X, the new brand/model is Maxdisc DVD+R 8X, and my DVD burner is flashed since the first days I got with a no region firmware version of the 1.4 firmware revision (RPC firmware if I remember well) and never caused any problem burning or playing.

I can do another attempt and post to burn the DVD to post the log, but where do I find it, and I'll just have to copy-paste it here right?

Comment

• cynthia
        Super Moderatress
        • Jan 2004

If you burn with Nero you find your old logs saved here;

C:\Program\Ahead\Nero\NeroHistory.log

Comment

• HornyBass
          • Oct 2004

Here is the log as an enclosed txt file (I've installed Adaptec ASPI drivers after having checked in Nero Info tool if I could find out what is wrong, but I don't remember if I did a burning attempt after rebooting the computer, I'm now cleaning the lens with a RadioShack carbon edge cleaning CD).

I've joined the log in a text file as it is too huge to fit in a message, and that I don't know xhich informations are usefull or not.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by HornyBass; 20 Oct 2004, 03:27 AM.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"The media I'm using since I bought my Plextor is ANV Ritek DVD-R 8X, the new brand/model is Maxdisc DVD+R 8X"

Are you using a version of NERO that came bundled with the Plextor? If so, it may be an "OEM" version of the program that ONLY works properly with the Plextor...

Comment

• HornyBass
              • Oct 2004

No, I'm using the ultra edtion, and didn't had a problem with any burning software so far.

I've switched from firmware 1.04 RPC version to 1.05 RPC version, I still get the error message, so I've just switched to 1.05 official version. I have to reboot now, after that I'll try to see if I still get the error message.

Comment

• cynthia
                Super Moderatress
                • Jan 2004

CdRomPeripheral : SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD-616T atapi Port 0 ID 0 DMA: Off
                CdRomPeripheral : PLEXTOR DVDR PX-712A atapi Port 0 ID 1 DMA: Off

Enable DMA on both devices.

Burning at 8x could be tricky.

Funny log - some parts is english and some parts is french.

Comment

• HornyBass
                  • Oct 2004

Originally posted by cynthia
                  CdRomPeripheral : SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD-616T atapi Port 0 ID 0 DMA: Off
                  CdRomPeripheral : PLEXTOR DVDR PX-712A atapi Port 0 ID 1 DMA: Off

Enable DMA on both devices.

Burning at 8x could be tricky.

Funny log - some parts is english and some parts is french.
                  Thanks for the answer, I'm gonna try that... lol... this must be because it's late, how do I activate DMA using Windows 2000 Pro, the setting doesn't appear when I open drives properties in the device manager.

My system is in french, that's why the log is in french and english.

P.S. : I've formatted my OS partition and reinstalled Win2k pro with a slipstreamed CD I made, including all four wink2k SPs, I was able to burn it before formatting.
                  Before formatting, I've retried burning a DVD, and got a blue screen while burning it was giving a message saying driver not less or equal and was mentionning swdm.sys file, if I remember well my MS classes the driver less or equal issue is referring to a newly installed driver or software that is causing a problem. At the moment I didn't tried yet to burn a DVD as I'm stil in the process of reinstalling all my softwares.

Comment

• cynthia
                    Super Moderatress
                    • Jan 2004

"the setting doesn't appear when I open drives properties in the device manager."

Even Microsoft know that

Microsoft support is here to help you with Microsoft products. Find how-to articles, videos, and training for Microsoft Copilot, Microsoft 365, Windows, Surface, and more.

Comment

• HornyBass
                      • Oct 2004

"the setting doesn't appear when I open drives properties in the device manager."

Even Microsoft know that

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;247426
                      Hehehe

Sorry about that, it's really, really late (or really, really, early... pick the one that you prefer), I haven't slept all night to format and reinstall OS and softwares as my comp is also a tool which I work with. Now I'm gonna and I'll get back on what results I got after reinstalling everything and tried again.

Do you think I should install Adaptec ASPI drivers or not?

Comment

• cynthia
                        Super Moderatress
                        • Jan 2004

I came to the conclusion that if you have SCSI devices/drivers installed you don't need the ASPI. If you have Nero installed - Neros own is enough.

Also heard that in XP you don't need them (this one I'm a little bit confused about).

Comment

• HornyBass
                          • Oct 2004

I came to the conclusion that if you have SCSI devices/drivers installed you don't need the ASPI. If you have Nero installed - Neros own is enough.

Also heard that in XP you don't need them (this one I'm a little bit confused about).
                          I have no SCSI devices installed, I'm gonna try without Adaptec ASPIs.

Comment

• cynthia
                            Super Moderatress
                            • Jan 2004

Atleast DVDShrink would give you an error window - asking for installing ASPI if it can't find any.

Comment

• HornyBass
                              • Oct 2004

Atleast DVDShrink would give you an error window - asking for installing ASPI if it can't find any.
                              OK, then it's better to install them, this reminds me before I've installed them yesterday, DVD Shrink never complained about not finding ASPIs. But I've just installed PowerDVD and the diagnosis tool that runs at PowerDVD launch proposed me to activate DMA on my DVD and DVDRW drives (even if I already did), and then after reboot it said that enabling DMA was impossible.

EDIT : DVDStripper seems to not like that drives have not DMA enabled, I think I'm gonna install Adaptec ASPIs right now.
                              Last edited by HornyBass; 21 Oct 2004, 03:00 AM.

Comment

Working...