Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaycute
    • Feb 2004

Please help. Quality issues.

I backed up a dvd using dvdshrink but the copy is abit poor in quality. Is there any software I can use to improve the quality of my back up? Or improve the quality of dvds in general? Can we re-encode encoded dvd's and get better quality?

Thanks alot for the help. Always appreciated.
  • cynthia
    Super Moderatress
    • Jan 2004

1. How much compression did you apply?
    2. If you play the burned DVD in your PC do you also get poor quality?
    3. What do you mean with poor quality? Pixelations/freezing/jumpings?

Comment

• jaycute
      • Feb 2004

The compression percentage was not very low 73%. and I usually get good quality with this. However I was wondering if the disk was interlaced. Its looks better on my pc. I think its pixelations the picture is not a smooth as normal, I see little box like images in the picture and it is really event when things move quickly in the movie. (for e.g. it a hand moves u will see the distortion more than if the hand is still).

Thanks.

Comment

• cynthia
        Super Moderatress
        • Jan 2004

To find out if it is in the burning process or in the playing process you have your problem - do this test;

Download www.dvdinfopro.com (freeware) insert one of your burned disc and selelct the option "Test your media for CRC read errors" - if you only get green dots you know that your burning are ok and it is the player that causes the problem. If you get any read dots - you know something else.

Comment

Working...