Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • groovemaster1
    • Nov 2004

Burner Starts lead in & then spoils my DVD! HELP

I changed disc type from DVD+R to DVD-R ('cause I heard DVD-R are better for movies) & now after transcoding & then nero vision express 2 starts to write lead in I notice it takes long & my HDD light is not blinking although the burner is burning. Then the disc is ejected & burn was unsuccessful! 2 bad DVD-R's so far. Only part of the disc appears burned. Isn't DVD-R better for standalone players? What to do???? It was set to write at 2X. Is it because of the DVD-R blanks? Or do I have to defrag or something??? Give me some options. This exact incident happened with clone dvd (I don't use it any more) I only successfully burned 1 DVD out of 5 & it was a DVD+R Benq.

Dell dimension 2100
    900MHz Celeron
    128MB RAM
    Lite-On DVD-RW SOHW 832S VS0E
    Geforce 4 MX440 PCI
    20GB HDD
    Windows ME
    Nero 6.3111 Bundled
    Benq 8X 4.7GB DVD-R blanks
  • cynthia
    Super Moderatress
    • Jan 2004

Could you post the log file from Nero. If you didn't saved it - you find it here: C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero\NeroHistory.log

Comment

• Floppy

well update your nero straight away to the latest version...

Nero Platinum - 7 programmes en une suite ! ✓ Montage vidéo ✓ Streaming ✓ Sécurité des données ✓ Conversion ✓ Gravure ✓ Radio mondiale ► Plus d'informations

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"I changed disc type from DVD+R to DVD-R ('cause I heard DVD-R are better for movies)"

All that matters is what format the playback system (standalone DVD player) will recognize. If you can play DVD+Rs on your standalone and can burn DVD+Rs without error, use DVD+Rs...

Comment

• miker63119
          • Nov 2004

I was having the same problem and I noticed that the problem was a "communication failure". I realized I had installed a version of ULEAD's DVD Factory, which is a DVD burning software. I un-installed it and had no problems after that!!

Check out these links for more information on this problem:

Nero Platinum - 7 programmes en une suite ! ✓ Montage vidéo ✓ Streaming ✓ Sécurité des données ✓ Conversion ✓ Gravure ✓ Radio mondiale ► Plus d'informations

Comment

• Floppy

Nero offers a solution for this mixed burning programs installed...

I never used it and I dont know if it works.

Dowload it here

ftp://ftp.nero.com/universa.zip

There is a readme file I advise reading B4 hand....

Let us know...

Comment

Working...