Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kevinmdujnic
    • Dec 2004

help me external sony drx-710ul burner is freezing up on me during burning

I need help i have the external sony dvd burner drx-710ul and using dvd shrink 3.2 and nero 6. My burner freezes up on me during burning. can someone please help me????

kevin
  • skyspirit
    • Dec 2003

here some things i would try to do in your case:

1- get the latest firmware update from sony:

2- Test another burning software. Like CloneDVD. First user shirnk to decrypt movie to hard disk. Then Burn it using cloneDVD.

Also, if you still have problems there are another think you might want to consider. The DMA setting in Windows control panel -> system -> Hardware -> Device manager -> IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers :

Primary IDE controller
    Secondary IDE controller

double click on each of them, select advance settings and make sure transfer mode is "DMA if available"! if it isnt, if it is PIO only then you need to change it.

hope it helps you.

Good luck

EDIT: forgot to tell, make sure you have latest version of nero, version 6.6.0.1

Comment

• cynthia
      Super Moderatress
      • Jan 2004

Re: help me external sony drx-710ul burner is freezing up on me during burning

Originally posted by kevinmdujnic
      i have the external sony dvd burner drx-710ul
      Skipp the DMA thing.

How is it connected?

Latest drivers for your USB/firewire channel?

Comment

• sfheath
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Sep 2003

I'd also recommend looking up www.videohelp.com/dvdwriters for media brand compatibility with what you are using. Maybe Sony themselves have recommended media.
        This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• charlypuss
          • Nov 2004

Hi, Nice toaster, but I prefer the LG externals myself. IF you are using the Firewire option try switching it to the optional USB 2 connection. It is slightly less problematical. Unless the 1394 is set up exactly right it will freeze (I have had the same problem on an LG external). USB 2 might be a bit slower, but is much easier to use. Your machine is also DL compatable,and with externals they tend to suffer a bit from PMT (poor media tension). What media are you stuffing in it ?
          If it ain't afloat .... It's sunk .... If it ain't broke.... leave it alone.... I was once indecisive....Now I'm not sure....

I'm old enough to know better...BUT...too young to give a toss...

Comment

Working...