Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xxxadixxx
    • Feb 2004

Lite-on SOHW-1633S burn speed problems

I have tried two different 8X media with this drive and the fastest it will burn is 4x. I select the option (in both Roxio and Nero) to burn at 8), but the actual speed drops to 3-4x. The computer specs are AMD Athlon XP 2800+, and 700+MB Ram. I have the latest firmware for the drive installed.

My question has two parts.
    1 - Does anyone know if I can get this drive to burn Memorex 4x DVD+R at a higher speed? (I have seen some reviews of people mentioning they can burn 4x media at 8x)

2 - Does anyone know why I cannot burn 8x media at 8x?

Thanks in advance for any help.
  • Mig$y
    Retired
    • Jan 2004

Download and install the latest firmware:

Comment

• xxxadixxx
      • Feb 2004

Thanks, I already have that installed.

Comment

• Mig$y
        Retired
        • Jan 2004

Do you have the latest Nero update installed? 6.6.0.3

Do you have your DMA enabled? http://www.onthegosoft.com/dma_setting_nt.htm

Comment

• xxxadixxx
          • Feb 2004

DMA is enabled and I just updated Nero. Now it will let me select 8x with 8x media. Terrific.

Now is there anyway I can burn my 4x media at 8x?

Comment

• yrlessmann2
            • May 2004

Sorry not possible from what I was told

Hi xxxAdixxx

I have the same LiteOn burner model 1633. I picked it up a week ago and I was told it will only burn as fast as the media will allow. I have both types of media.. Verbatum 4x and Phillips 8x. The dvd burner can go as fast as 16x but the speed is dependent on the media being used.

Sorry

I do have a question for you but I would like you to reply to me via email if at all possible? Please tell me if and how do I get the burner to use the budled software that came with it such as Nero Express6? I am sure you can help me with my problem.

I have installed the bundled software that came with the burner but I am not able to burn any disc using the Nero Express 6. It is only allowing me to use my other software " Record Now ".
            Do you have any suggestions?

Sincerely

Yrlessmann2

Comment

Working...