Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gixxer
    • Jan 2005

without a paddle

has anyone backed up their copy of the new movie without a paddle? when i did with mine everything went well til the encoding part with video playbac enabled. you could see the commentaries recording on top of the movie and when you play it back the movie messses up and freezes. tried it in several playes. any suggestions on how to fix it. first time i ever had this problem. i use dvd decrypter (latest version) dvd shrink (latest version) and nero6 as a burn program. have many backups but never had this problem. also use a 16x daul layer daul format burner. thanks in advance.
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

I backed it up no problems. What speed did you burn it at ? Are you using the same kind of media you have before?

Comment

• Gixxer
      • Jan 2005

i believe it burned at 12x speed and it is the same media i always use memorex dvd+r for data and video. do you think the burn speed may be too high? if so what do you recommend? thanks.

Comment

• jmet
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2002

Try burning at 4X. Even though you have had success previously with Memorex brand DVD+R. I would suggest a more reliable brand such as Ritek Ridata. You could have possibly got a bad "batch" of Memorex. I have also been successful with Verbatim brand DVD+R's.

Comment

• InvalidUserID
          • Jan 2005

Thats too bad. I just backed it up on HP 8x DVDs and it plays fine.

Maybe a lower speed might help.

Comment

• Gixxer
            • Jan 2005

i appreciate the info on the discs and burn speed i will give it a try and see what happens. thanks much.

Comment

• jmet
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2002

Originally posted by Gixxer
              i appreciate the info on the discs and burn speed i will give it a try and see what happens. thanks much.
              You're Very Welcome! & Good Luck!

Comment

• jmorris23
                • Feb 2005

thats what i mostly use is memorex and everything works fine for me. i also use TDK that also works well. it might just be your speed. try using a lower speed as jmet says, i never go over 4x in case of lose data.

Comment

• Bonehead632
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by jmorris23
                  thats what i mostly use is memorex and everything works fine for me. i also use TDK that also works well. it might just be your speed. try using a lower speed as jmet says, i never go over 4x in case of lose data.
                  I have had bad luck with memorex, but have had no trouble with maxcell (go figure), TDX or Phillips. Heck.....even office depot brand disc did well......for me.

Cheers

Comment

Working...