Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doogie135
    • Jan 2005

Problems with certain DVDs

I have burned several DVDs using DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter and Nero (StreetSmart). But I have had a few problems with certain DVDs, like 50 First Dates, Little Black Book, and The Forgotten. I have 'Backed' them up, and then burned them fine. But when I try and play them on the DVD player they won't play. It seems that when the dvd starts up automatically on the computer, that's when it does this. Does anybody know why this is and how to fix it? Thanks
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

Make sure you have the latest version of DVD Decrypter.

The latest Version is Currently: Version 3.5.2.0

Use DVD Decrypter to "rip" the DVD to your hard drive in "File" mode - and from the "Edit" dropdown menu, select "All files" (NOT "movie files").

Then use DVD Shrink to "Open files" (NOT "Open Disk") - and select "VIDEO_TS.IFO" or the actual "VIDEO_TS" folder.

A good tutorial on how to accomplish this is located here: http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...threadid=45238

Comment

• doogie135
      • Jan 2005

Already did that. 'Ripped' it with Crypter, Opened files with Shrink (there weren't 2 folders, just all Video_TS and VTS_ files in the folder which I specified to save it in, it sometimes does 2 folders - Audio and Video, and sometimes just does it all in one), followed the tutorial. I mean it seems to decrypt it, back it up and burn it, but it won't play on a DVD player, just these 'types?' of movies

Comment

• TRI0N
        Digital Video Technician
        Digital Video Technician
        • Dec 2004

Are you seeing just a black screen?

Did you backup in Re-author mode?

Good chance that you are seeing the results of Dummy Sectors that Decrypter inserted that takes up about 3 minutes of the begining of a movie that can be removed if you do the Start Frame edit in Re-author Mode to remove this.
        Cheers!

TRI0N

Comment

• jmet
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2002

DVD Shrink automatically creates a VIDEO_TS & AUDIO_TS folder.
          (Also depends on what type of output you have specified. ie. "File Mode" or "ISO".)

Decrypter I believe only does VIDEO_TS. If one at all.
          (Also depends on what type of output you have specified. ie. "File Mode" or "ISO".)

What happens when you try to play them on your stand alone DVD player? Just a black screen? or does it say anything?

Comment

• jmet
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2002

gmta TRION! lol

Comment

• doogie135
              • Jan 2005

When I played the DVD on a regular DVD player, it was trying to load it for a while, then it said 'This disc cannot be played, Please check the disc'. When I use DVD Shrink, it doesn't always do 2 folders (not sure why). BUT, I changed the type/brand of disc and had DVD Shrink automatically go to 'Burn' after it did Back up and it seemed to have worked...not sure which one fixed it, but WHATever....Thanks for the advice though!

Comment

• jmet
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2002

"Thanks for the advice though!"

You're Very Welcome!

Comment

Working...