Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lin1030
    • Feb 2005

subtitles

Im not sure if its ok to ask this question in this forum but i thought it would go here.

I was wondering how you burn .srt (subtitle files) into a dvd. For example i want to burn an asian movie with subtitles so i used nero envision express to convert the movie files to use with dvd shrink but i dont know how to add the subtitle file.

Could anyone possibly help me with this?

thank you.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

If I remember correctly, you'll have to use IFOEdit in combination with VOBEdit...

OR

If the ORIGINAL file is an .AVI (DivX-compressed or otherwise) you can use VirtualDub together with the VOBSub filter to PERMANENTLY add the subtitles to the .AVI, before converting to DVD format...
    Last edited by setarip; 13 Feb 2005, 11:13 AM.

Comment

• lin1030
      • Feb 2005

Thank you =) !
      How do u permenently add them?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Thank you =) !"

My pleasure ;>}

"How do u permenently add them?"

You should be able to find this information in the text files that are part of the VOBSub "package"...

Comment

• lin1030
          • Feb 2005

hmm i cant get it to work for some reason but thank you for your help =)

Comment

• orangedrink
            • Feb 2005

"you can use VirtualDub together with the VOBSub filter to PERMANENTLY add the subtitles to the .AVI, before converting to DVD format..."

can you elaborate a little because i also need to add subtitles, but its avi format. i already have the srt file.

Comment

• lin1030
              • Feb 2005

yes, i agree could you elaborate a little im still confused ahh =( . mynes in avi format + the srt file too.

Comment

Working...