Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • colin72
    • Mar 2005

Arccos protected DVD- not enough HD space to Decrypt 1st

I was trying to use DVD Shrink on Repo Man and my computer locks up. After some searching, I found the explanation of the "running man" and Arccos. I saw the "running man" while attempting to shrink the Repo Man DVD.

I've read the way to go about this is to use DVD Decrypter and then DVD Shrink but I do not have anough room on my hard Drive for the decryption.

Is there any way I can burn this DVD (or any other Arccos DVD)?

Thanks
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

You could use (commercial software) DVD95Copy (No additional programs needed - No need to rip to harddrive with DVD Decrypter)...

Comment

• colin72
      • Mar 2005

Thanks! I went to the Dvd95Copy web site and I don't understand the difference between:

Dvd95Copy 1:1
      Dvd95Copy Lite
      Dvd95Copy XPress

They don't provide much of an explanation. I can't tell what distinquishes each of them or what the benefits of one over the other would be.

Is purchasing one of these versions of Dvd95Copy the only way to solve my problem?

Comment

• jmet
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2002

"Is purchasing one of these versions of Dvd95Copy the only way to solve my problem?"
        Nope, buy a bigger hard drive. Why not? You will need one any way.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

if you look at the "Purchase" page, at:

you'll find very clear explanations of the distinction between products. I strongly suggest the "DVD95Copy Pro" version , as it is truly a complete "one step solution"...

Comment

• colin72
            • Mar 2005

AS I said, I looked at the web site.......

Dvd95Copy XPress:

Automatically Copies to DVD5 (4.38 GB) using compression. (Movie-only and full-disc compression supported).
            Fully automated so no user interaction is required.

Dvd95Copy Lite:

Copies to DVD5 (4.38 GB) using compression only. (Movie-only and full-disc compression supported).

Dvd95Copy:

1:1 Makes real 1:1 DVD copies only, with Double Layer support.

================================

For someone who knows nothing about the programs, I don't consider those very clear explanations that explain the programs dictinctions.

Xpress and Lite seem to be the same.

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

1) You've completely disregarded DVD95CopyPro, that incorporates ALL available features (including burning) - truly a "one step solution".

2) "Express" is AUTOMATED, "Lite" is NOT

Dvd95Copy Pro The Pro version has all features of Dvd95Copy Lite, Dvd95Copy 1:1 and Dvd95Copy Split.(Dvd95Burn included)

New :
              Dvd95Copy XPress
              Automatically Copies to DVD5 (4.38 GB) using compression. (Movie-only and full-disc compression supported).
              Fully automated so no user interaction is required. (Recommended for novice users)

Dvd95Copy Lite Copies to DVD5 (4.38 GB) using compression only. (Movie-only and full-disc compression supported).

Dvd95Copy 1:1 Makes real 1:1 DVD copies only, with Double Layer support.

Dvd95Copy Split Splits DVD to two DVD5 (4.38 GB) to preserve best picture quality.

New :
              Dvd95Burn
              Dvd95Burn simply writes DVD-movie-files stored on your harddrive to DVD±R(W) media.

Comment

• colin72
                • Mar 2005

Yeah, I disregarded the pro version because it's $49.99

Comment

Working...