Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • parachutestx
    • Apr 2005

Now I know why Memorex sucks!

I have a Pioneer dual layer dvd burner and before this incident I have only been using TDK brand and have been fine.....I bought a 25 pack of Memorex 8X dvd-rs. The first problem was I had to upgrade my firmware, second out of the 25 so far 3 have been successful burns!.......I guess my burner just hates that type..... The strange thing was when it got a error the burner would be hot and id stick another dvdr in and it wouldnt recognize anything in the drive but I stuck a cdr after and it showed up fine :/
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Try to salvage the Memorex media by burning them at no faster than 2X...

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

TO PARACHUTE STX

upgrading your firmware should be done by everyone no matter what type of burner. i use the dvd-r 4x memorex exclusively. have yet to see a single flaw. always check media compatibility before buying new media. memorex rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Spankymadoo
        • Apr 2005

i had a 25 pack of memorex DVD+R that were id'd as Ritek R03. burned all 25 with maybe 2 coasters. Just bought some more same label but these are ID'd as CMC Mag E01. I've burned 3 so far- none of them play on my RCA standalone player. How do you know what you're getting before you buy it? The labels are the same but the media isn't. How can I prevent this from happening again? I used the same burner for both packs. An I/O Magic 4x external DVD+/- R writer.
        Last edited by Spankymadoo; 11 May 2005, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• tigerman8u
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Aug 2003

I still have my Optorite dd0203 4x burner. I have used Memorex
          -/+ r 4x with both media codes stated above with no coasters burning at 4x. Try what "setarip" stated and see if that works.

Comment

• Spankymadoo
            • Apr 2005

I am currently burning at 1x with the same results. Got frustrated so I went and bought some Maxell DVD+R "made in Japan". These burn fine-all green blocks on the nero surface scan. I can play them on my PC but they will not even load on my standalone DVD player. It starts to load and then stops. Any ideas on this?

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

To Spankymadoo

To determine the capabilities/limitations of your specific brand and model of standalone DVD player, as well as media compatibility, go to:

Comment

Working...