Problems w/Sanyo DRW500; Looking for help, and missing Errol Flynn movies!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tiskatherine
    • Apr 2005

Problems w/Sanyo DRW500; Looking for help, and missing Errol Flynn movies!

Hello! I'm having an awful lot of trouble with my Sanyo DRW500 this week. It's been working fine up until now, so I can't understand what could be wrong. Here's what's happening:

Insert Blank DVD+R for recording and it always does one of these two things.

1) It will start recording like it always has, but when I stop the recording - instead of "closing.." and taking me back to the Sanyo screen so I can finalize the disc - it just freezes. When it finally does allow me to go back to the blue Sanyo screen, it says there is either "no disc" or that it is a "new disc" and nothing has been recorded. So it acts like it's recording, but isn't.

2) It will start recording like it always has, but stops three [0:03] seconds in and says "Disc-Error, Closing" - making the disc unusable. When ever it decides to pull this one, it always has the error at the 0:03 mark.

Does anyone know what could be wrong with this thing? It's done fine until now. In the past couple of days of messed up about twenty-five different blank DVD+R discs. I've tried everything I can think of - unplugging it and letting it alone for hours at a time, cleaning the laser lens... all kinds of things. Can someone help me figure out what's wrong?

This is Errol Flynn month on Turner Classic Movies, and I've missed taping a bunch of things! (haha!)

Thanks everyone! Best regards, Katherine
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

Try using a different brand of DVD+R's to burn to.

Comment

Working...