Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bmt77
    • May 2005

amount of time it takes

i use dvd decrypter and dvd shrink. first i use decrypter and it takes around 30 mins. to do its thing then i use shrink and it takes 10 to 20 mins. and finally i go back to decrypter to burn it and that takes 20 to 30 mins at 2x speed. is there anyway of making a faster copy than this. my process takes like an hour. i know i can speed up the burn process by taking it to 8x, but what about the other stuff. thx for the help
  • cynthia
    Super Moderatress
    • Jan 2004

Hi and welcome to the forum, bmt77!

Your ripping time is to slow. Either you have riplocked firmware or/and DMA not enabled.

Comment

• bmt77
      • May 2005

thank you for the fast response. well i am not sure what riplocked firmware is, so i will read the guide and see what i can find

Comment

• bmt77
        • May 2005

i checked out the guide and it was helpful, but the dma was unlocked, so i am not sure what to do next. but i will keep researching. you know how it says ultra dma mode 5 on the primary ide channel in both spots. i only have that in device 0 not device 1. does it have to be in device 1. the scondary ide has mode 2 in both spots, so that is good to go

Comment

• cynthia
          Super Moderatress
          • Jan 2004

Riplocked firmware is (often) original firmware that don't allow faster transfering from your DVD to your computer than (most) 2x speed if the DVD is CSS encrypted.

Comment

Working...