Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lequack
    • May 2005

What in the hell am i doing wrong

I am suddenly having problems burning dvds here. i have used it on my main pc and haven't had any problems at all. suddenly when i get a external dvd burner for my labtop it is not working properly. it will burn data discs but as soon as i try to burn a dvd dvd, it will stop suddenly in the middle of the burning and won't continue. i have wasted plenty of discs trying to get this to work and obviously it is not the burner if i can burn data discs. what can i do?
  • Mig$y
    Retired
    • Jan 2004

Which program(s) are you using to burn? Does it generate an error message?

Does it burn your DVD's ok when your external writer is connected to your PC instead of your laptop?

Comment

• lequack
      • May 2005

right now i am using nero to burn my dvd from dvd shrink. it does generate a error message with the serial codes on top of the list. i haven't tried hooking it up to my pc yet but it is worth a shot. the thing is i am goin to be movin in a bit and one of the thing i am goin to leave, because i am coming back, is my pc. my labtop is coming with me and i need to know what in the hell is going on this way i am able to burn dvds when i move.

Comment

• Mig$y
        Retired
        • Jan 2004

Post your Nero log, It can be found in:
        C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero\NeroHistory.log

Comment

• cynthia
          Super Moderatress
          • Jan 2004

Sounds as an USB connected burner?

Comment

• lequack
            • May 2005

well i thank you all for your advice, but i figured out the problem by doing a full system restore on my labtop. i think the problem there was something on my computer that was battling the burner.

Comment

Working...