Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BriansNSane
    • May 2005

VDVD... (VCD But on a DVD)Possible?

Is this a feat that I'll never accomplish? Ive recently run across a backup of an old Japanese anime series that a good friend of mine was nice enough to send to me.In their present format I was able to burn a few episodes as a vcd with nero ultra on a cd-r and it worked just fine in my dvd player. They were Xvid files that I converted to avi fomat. In their present format is there any way to burn all of the episodes to dvd media instead of using so many cd's?I could convert to dvd format from avi but the files will be muuuuuch larger and still use a number of dvd's.I'm looking to find a way to make a vcd but with a dvd instead.]theres also the problem of a menu...I suppose I'll have to dabble in a dvd authoring program. I'm a bit in over my head I believe but the only way to learn is through trial and error and asking for help if needed.
    Last edited by BriansNSane; 8 May 2005, 05:09 PM.
  • reboot
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Apr 2004

If you have a standalone player that plays Xvid/Divx, then just burn them as data.
    If you don't, you'll need to re-encode them to mpg, and author them to DVDR, with something that accepts the encodes.
    What is the present format of the videos? Are they truly mpeg-1 VCD (wrapped in .dat) format, or what?
    DVDLab will author (S)VCD to DVD easily.
    My DVDLab (and other) Guides

Comment

• ormonde
      Digital Video Explorer
      • Dec 2003

BriansNSane

I realize that this was the initial thread that you started regarding burning VCD (SVCD) to DVD. However, kindly be aware (for future reference) that "Cross-posting" is against the forum rules. Your second thread appears here:

Comment

Working...