Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vwvr6vw
    • Jun 2005

Play on PC but not DVD player

I've had an external Sony DVD burner for a few months now and I've been making movie backups with DVD Shrink, Nero and Memorex +R blank DVDs without any problems until now. The last two movies that I backed up will not play in my DVD player or my Playstation, but they play on my PC just fine in both DVD drives. I then tried burning the same movie, which was still on my hard drive, onto a Sony +RW disc and it plays on my DVD player just fine. I tried this twice with each type of disc(Memorex DVD+R and Sony+RW) and got the same results each time. Could there be something wrong with the last few Memorex discs I tried? Why do they still work on my PC then though? Any help is appreciated.
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

i'm just waiting to hear people shun your media....i use memorex with 100% success. however you need to make sure it is compatible with your player first(see below). it is also possible that you had bad burns/discs. what speed do you burn at?
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• photo_angel2004
      Queen of Digital Video
      Queen of Digital Video
      • Jan 2004

@ vwvr6vw

I see that you are using DVD+R discs, check to be sure you player can play those.
      My stand alone player will not play DVD+R but will play DVD-R prefectly.
      You may want to try a DVD-R.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Welcome to the Digital Video Forums of Digital Digest!

"I've been making movie backups with DVD Shrink, Nero and Memorex +R blank DVDs without any problems until now. The last two movies that I backed up will not play in my DVD player or my Playstation, but they play on my PC just fine in both DVD drives."

You might want to run a DVD/CD cleaning disc on your burner AND your standalone DVD player. Maxell makes one that retails for approximately $10US...

If you have more questions, always feel free to ask them...

Some people can't see the forest for the trees. Most times, simple is better;>}

Comment

Working...