Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sh0wtime01
    • Jun 2005

TDK 440N won't read media

I am currently running a Pentium IV with 512 RAM and lots of disk space, I have a TDK 440N installed with current firmware (although I have tried all the older versions also). This drive burns and reads CDs (data, music, and video) fine, and it plays DVDs fine; however when I insert a blank DVD+R (4x) it will not read even the blank disc. The cursor shows the CD icon next to it then when it stops spinning the drive reads as empty. I have treid many programs and different brands of media (both suggested and not -- by TDK). The computer seems to not recognize the media at all. I possess limited hardware and software knowledge and I am hoping that someone with more expereince will be able to help me. Thank you.
  • photo_angel2004
    Queen of Digital Video
    Queen of Digital Video
    • Jan 2004

I see that comes with Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 did you install that?
    you will need nero to be able to burn with DVD Shrink or Decrypter. Have you read your manul for what blank media is compatable with this? Nero must be installed before DVD Shrink. And have you tried using DVD-R?

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• Sh0wtime01
      • Jun 2005

I did install Roxio, but having read several other topics that said the program gave the burner issues I uninstalled it. I have Nero 6.3.1.6 installed and it is also unable to see any media in the drive. The manual lists several kinds of media and the current speed and brand that I am using is listed. I have not tried DVD-R yet but it is only one of 4 types of DVD media listed in the manual; would I be better off trying one of those?

Comment

• photo_angel2004
        Queen of Digital Video
        Queen of Digital Video
        • Jan 2004

I would see what happens

Also did you install nero before you installed DVD shrink?

Comment

• Sh0wtime01
          • Jun 2005

Yeah, everything was installed in the correct order, and I finally got ahold of TDK support, they said that the drive may be shot. So now I'm looking at getting a new one. ANy suggestions on good drives would be appreciated.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
            Queen of Digital Video
            Queen of Digital Video
            • Jan 2004

I love my OptoRite DD0203 it is about 2 years old and they are better ones now by OptoRite.

This website is for sale! extrememhz.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, extrememhz.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

Working...