pls advise..too confused...DVD writer creating problems ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alykhalil
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Apr 2005

pls advise..too confused...DVD writer creating problems ?

i have been backing up DVDs from my laptop and playing them on my player just fine. i recently bough a DVD writer which has specs :

16x DVD write speed on DVD+R
    16x DVD write speed on DVD-R
    4x DVD re-write speed on DVD+RW
    4x DVD re-write speed on DVD-RW

now, from my laptop i was able to burn DVD+RW (speed 2.4x) and play them on the player...but the new writer burns the same DVD+RW (2.4x) but dont play on the DVD player...is it because the DVD writer has a re-write speed of 4x and the DVD is 2.4x ?

i tried burning a DVD+R (8x) which burns and also plays on my DVD player...what is the catch here..pls advise...? thank you
  • nwg
    Left *****
    • Jun 2003

If you put a 2.4x DVD RW in a 4x writer, it will burn it at the discs 2.4x speed.

Are you using the same burning program with both the new writer and the laptop?

Comment

• alykhalil
      Platinum Member
      Platinum Member
      • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by nwg
      If you put a 2.4x DVD RW in a 4x writer, it will burn it at the discs 2.4x speed.

yes i used nero 6 to burn from my comp and my laptop. the DVD-R 4x seem to burn correctly (with DVD writer 4x speed) but when i burn on DVD+RW 2.4x, it burns fine but the DVDs dont play on the player ? even those files on the DVD wont play ....cant figure that out ?

Comment

• alykhalil
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by nwg

+ i tried burning a 4x DVD-R and that burnt fine..so i dont see why arent the DVD+RW burning with the new writer that i bought. To burn a DVD+rw (DVD 2.4x on writer 4X) i tried nero 6, dvd decrypter, through dvd shrink..but all no luck...when when i tried A DVD-R (with dvd speed 4x) it worked...

Comment

Working...