X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rastevens1
    Advanced Member
    • Jan 2006

Burned DVD's will not play in computer

My burnt DVD's will not play in my computer.
    Last edited by jmet; 19 Jan 2006, 04:39 PM.
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

rastevens1, I have moved your post from the initial thread you posted it in. Hi-jacking someone else thread is not tolerated here. Please in the future start your own thread regarding your problem.

Back to your question. what brand of media did you use and what burning program did you use to burn it?

Comment

• TITT33Z
      Ultra-Mega Junior Newb
      • Jan 2006

hmmmmm....

i have the reverse problem of "rastevens" for two of my burnt DVD's... Noi and Royal Tenenbaums both will play on my computer but not on my TV (through Xbox 360)...what gives?? i used MactheRipper to decrypt and Toast 7 to burn...I've been ripping away, and have been successful at all my other backups, but these two movies in particular are being a pain in the a$$....
      any suggestions??
      thanks

Comment

• geno888
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Dec 2005

What burner/firmware and what media do you used?

Anyway, have you read what jmet said previously?

Comment

• TITT33Z
          Ultra-Mega Junior Newb
          • Jan 2006

i was using DVD-R, and decrypted with MacTheRipper and burned with Toast Titanium 7...i have a mac, if you need to know that...
          thanks, geno

Comment

• geno888
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Dec 2005

I'm sorry, but I have no experience with mac computers

Comment

• ThorXP
              • Nov 2005

I do not have a multitude of xperience with Macs either and since I do not know several things about your computer, like all of the programs taht are on it or processor etc. If you burn a DVD movie and can not play it back on your computer the one thing that you have to have is the codec to play it back with. Like in Windows one of the codec's is Media Player or Power DVD. I would assume that Mac's need to have a player or the correct codec.

One other thing you can try is Macintosh Forums and you could type that into Google to get some. I have a good one to start =

Since 2002 Mac-Forums is your BEST internet resource for all Apple device questions, repairs, upgrades, purchase advice, macOS/iOS install. Friendly/fast.

I really do not think you will find a lot of Mac user's here but uf needed I am sure someone will try to help

cya l8r

ThorXP

Comment

Working...