• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mer2112
    • Jan 2006

Best way for me convert VHS to DVD?

Hello,

Of these two methods available to me which will produce the best quality:

VHS into my Sony DV camcorder recorded onto the DV tape. This is then transfered to my stand alone Cyberhome DVD burner from the Sony DV camcorder through a DV cable and burned to DVD.

or

VHS through my Sony DV camcorder into my computer and captured with WinDV. This is then burned to DVD via Nero.

I'm just getting started in this and appreciate any suggestions, comments or different methods.

Thanks,

Eric
  • Zero G
    Next to Arch Stanton
    • Jan 2006

Why not go straight to your stand alone burner from the VHS?
    "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• Mer2112
      • Jan 2006

I could but is there any advantage in converting the signal to digital before burning it to DVD? I tried that initially and the picture seemed to be washed out compared to the original VHS. Will the DV camcorder or Nero even out the audio / video signals for a better overall recording?

Thanks,

Eric
      Last edited by Mer2112; 12 Feb 2006, 04:10 AM.

Comment

• Zero G
        Next to Arch Stanton
        • Jan 2006

It becomes digital once it goes to your stand alone.
        "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• Mer2112
          • Jan 2006

Yesterday I went from VHS into my Sony DV camcorder. This was then transferred to the stand alone DVD recorder with the DV cable. Color and audio were much more balanced than going straight from VHS to the stand alone. I guess this is just a point of reference now for otheres to try if they want.

Eric

Comment

• sonic_emperor
            Digital Video Expert
            Digital Video Expert
            • Mar 2003

i also have sony camcoder,i have some local football games i like to burn to some of my friends on a dvd,now,with sony software its one -click philosophy,but its only possible to burn vcds,so i wondered what software would be the best when converting from handycam to computer,adding menus ,burningetc...what kind of quality can i expect?is quality lost when transforming into computer format?
            cro-anthem-video

Comment

Working...