Please help a newbie who hasn't found the answers using search - Nero/Coasters/etc

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samtheminuteman
    • Feb 2006

I extracted that file to my desktop, ran it, and got the same error again.

Please help me with this log, I only have another couple weeks before the no-nonsense warranty is through with this dell laptop, I don't have much time for testing and prodding.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by benbryant
    The only firmware available for Sony DW-Q58A is version YUS2. But you said that you couldn't flash it due to "No matched drive detected". It's strange though. Please try again from the link below for YUS2 hopefully to have better result:

It showed that your burner doesn't coorporate with your media completely. Please try different brand of media

Regards

Comment

• jmet
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2002

Have you tried with a different brand of blank media?

Comment

• samtheminuteman
        • Feb 2006

"jmet : Have you tried with a different brand of blank media?"

Not yet. I wanted columbo or someone else to tell me if they spotted something wrong with my recorder by viewing the nero files first.

Or if there is another way I am meant to install firmware, then do that first. (I extractd the .exe to the desktop and then ran the program and got the no match error)

Comment

• samtheminuteman
          • Feb 2006

i hate being a nag, but can someone please take a look at my Nero log and tell me if something is wrong with it?

Comment

• diggy-do
            • May 2006

Same Problem

I have the exact same problem with a Dell Inspiron 6000 and Sony DW-Q58A drive - same firmware mismatch/same error messages --

did this ever get resolved?

Comment

• dmanshead
              Consequence is a bigger word than you think, it's bigger than you or me
              • Dec 2005

i'ld try new media

i would try new media, buy some smaller packs just to test. you don't say what program you use to encode the video but if it was shrink you might try to burn the image with imgburn, instead of nero. i may have missed it but did you say what the media code of those discs were? dvdidentifier, dvddecrypter, or imgburn would tell you, as well as nero cd-dvd speed. read blutach's sinature for many good ideas and tips, especially the golden rules of burning here: http://forum.digital-digest.com/member.php?u=38250 . no guarantee but japanese media is generally of good to high quality.
              If you use these forums you will not have to face that...
              Long Live Foamy!!!

My burners Nec ND 3550A, Benq DQ60, Liteon SHW P6S, 2 Sony AW_Q170A's (free with my new system) and JLMS XJ-HD S.

Comment

• Chewy
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2003

I like a challenge but this was ridiculous, when in doubt go to the mountain,
                see the king(the codeking) .

Unscrambled and Flashfixed versions of Sony UYS3:

Comment

Working...