Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CHRIS 24
    • Jul 2006

a desicion

i am curious to know if I should buy a dvd burner for my computer or buy a dvd recorder and the the dvd red pro and just burn through the recorder. my buddy has the dvd red pro and it works flawlessly.I am at a crossroads if somebody could give me there opinions that would be great.
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

If I had a lot of vhs tapes I might go that option and wanted to capture a lot of programming.

Not so sure about the quality tho.

Comment

• rick gordon
      • Jul 2006

A burner for your computer would be your cheaper bet

Comment

• a2j3
        If it aint broke, don't fix it
        • Feb 2006

Hello CHRIS 24

I agree with chewy. If u have lots of vhs, just me but I would get the recorder. If not I love my pc burner. It's alot of fun. Good quality video too. Hope this helps. Have a great day.
        sigpic

Comment

• photo_angel2004
          Queen of Digital Video
          Queen of Digital Video
          • Jan 2004

It could be a tough choice,
          If you want better quailty I would go the route of the computer. You will need a capture card or other capturing divice like the Dazzle plus a DVD burner. It is a lot of work that way but I think with a better result.

The easier way would be the stan alone recorder.... I know those have come alone way as time went by. Do your hoem work a bit on those first see what format they write to DVD's to make sure you will be able to copy those if you need or wants more then 1 copy. If its for home video you may want that option.

I have a few friends that had nothing but problems with the stand alone recorders but I know they have improved a lot since then.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• Chewy
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2003

I gave all my vhs away! When I saw my first dvd movie, my new stereo vhs player became a dedicated rf modulator and home theater component.

Comment

Working...