NERO not recognizing my DVD-RW drive as a burning drive?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JessicaRABBIT
    • Jul 2006

NERO not recognizing my DVD-RW drive as a burning drive?

hey guys i am very not tech savy. I couldn't even find the button for a new post.

I just bought a laptop and installed nero, all i want to do is to make a copy. For some reason when i get to the screen where you click burn, you can't change the destination drive to the same as the source drive. My dvd burning drive is not on the drop down list of the destination drive. My friend said Nero may not be recognizing my drive as a burning drive. Has this happened to anyone? Does anyone have a solution so that I can make the destination drive same as the source drive so I can start burning?

Thanx Jessica
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

make a copy of what?

what is your drive, name, model number?

Comment

• jmet
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2002

Welcome to the <a href="http://forum.digital-digest.com/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_new_faq_item" target="_blank">Digital Video Forums</a> JessicaRABBIT!

Check out this guide: http://www.digital-digest.com/articl...urn_page1.html

Comment

• jm1647
        An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
        • Apr 2005

Yes, it could only be a DVD-ROM drive and not a burner. In the guide jmet gave a link for you to read, it could be a OEM version of Nero that does not support your drive even if it is a DVD burner. Is it a full retail version of Nero or OEM that you picked up?

Comment

• JessicaRABBIT
          • Jul 2006

i'm not sure what kind it is, it came with my laptop. however it should be a burner drive, it says dvd-rw compact disc re-writable on it. i tried using nero express and then my friend gave me full version of nero to use as well. Its the same for both. Maybe if I try another burning program... anyone suggest a good one I can try? thanx

Comment

• Chewy
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2003

if my computer calls it a dvd-rw, it's a dvd burner, device manager will tell you it's name.

What version of nero do you have installed? under help/about

Comment

Working...