X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kingpin
    Banned
    • Aug 2006

DVD Decrypter craps out at 50%?

I keep trying to burn the second season of Smallville and 60% of the time I try to burn with a DVD-R DL and it gets to 50% and then gives me this garbage:

The Burning I'm using is the Sony DVD Rw DRU-810A USB Device that I picked up from Future Shop, so far it has been fantastic. Burning the single layer disks was never a problem after I figured out a bit more what I was suppose to be doing. And I thought the same for the DL disks aswell, first one crapped out, and the next few were great, and then its died 50% throught he burn three times in a row again. I don't mind tossing a normal DVD but the DLs arn't cheap so its a little agravating.

Now I've ripped the movies with no compression if that matters at all for the burn itself on a DL disk. I have it set up to burn and verify at max speed when I'm doing other things on my computer wile it burns (I have an AMD X2 4400+ and 2GB of OCZ Premier series RAM [more specs available if need be but I'm lazy] needless to say my machine can handel doing a few things at once) Now like I said some burns go perfect (four so far to be exact, out of eight attempts). The disks are Memorex before anyone asks.

I'm pretty new to burning ripped DVDs, normally I just rip them and watch them on my computer but I borrowed Smallville from a friend of mine and he's kind of looking to get them back. If someone could let me know if they have any idea why I might be getting this problem I thank you in advance. If you need any more specific info just let me know
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

I borrowed Smallville from a friend of mine and he's kind of looking to get them back.
    i'm sorry kingpin, please see rule 6. we do not offer advice on backing up material that you do not own.

thread closed.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...