Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kminnifield
    • Mar 2006

Memorex 16x external DVD burner

Today it stop recognizing DVD +R disk. It seems to lost its ability to be a burner. It will play dvds but when I put a blank dvd in it switches to a CD drive. When I tried to copy a basketball game with Nero, it said my recorder can only copy CD-r and CD rw. Can someone please help? Has this ever happened?
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

use the nero info tool to show it's properties,
    look under supported write features

how does nero identify the burner(exactly) and what firmware does it use?

Comment

• kminnifield
      • Mar 2006

Thanks for your help

I used the nero tool. When I click on drive it recognizes it as a DVD +-R/rw dl recorder. It also has firmware JWS6. It supports cd-r, cd-rw, buffer underrun protection, DVD+R/rw, Dvd-r/rw, dvd +r dl.

Funny thing, I tried to burn using DVD shrink and it is working right now. I haven't tried with Nero again although I thought DVD shrink used Nero. It did this last night and then stopped recognizing the disk. I trying to burn my basketball games to dvd. so encryption shouldn't be an issue.

Comment

• Nowherefast
        • Sep 2006

I too am trying to burn a basketball game (PC game-EaSports NBA Live)....but I think It might be protected or something because when I put the burn CD in it brings it up but then I get a message to insert the correct CD. Is there a way around that?

Comment

Working...