X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tuffy
    • Jul 2006

Nero CD DVD Speed - Drive is locked

Hi

I have searched the forum and could not find an answer to my problem.

Recently, an inner window (titled Nero CD - DVD Speed) pops up with an exclaimation mark and the message 'Drive D: is locked by Nero Burning ROM, Do you want to try to release the drive? This may take a few minutes'

When I click 'yes', it thinks for a moment and then another window message appears (titled CDSpeed) saying 'Release failed'

When I click 'No', it does nothing; but the pop up message (ie 'Drive D: is locked by etc ) remains on the screen.

I am using CD-DVD Speed ver 4.7.0.0 and the bitsetting function to change the bookmark of DVD+R's to ROM when using ripit4me.

I have changed it back when using DVD-RW's.

I don't appear to have any burning problems and have successfully burned both types of DVD's (ie -RWs and +Rs)

But... I am at a loss as to what the pop up message is telling me and what problems lie ahead if I am not able to resolve it.

I run XP (SP 2) Home Edition and have a Lite-on DVDRW SHM-165P6S MSOP

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Tuffy
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

I use nero and imgburn to burn my dvd's and with my nec's and benq's
    nero remembers the bitsett settings I give it from burn to burn.
    My LG won't remember between reboots but nero does where imgburn does not.

using cdspeed is creating a conflict here

don't worry about dvd-rw's

what are you burning with, nero?

Comment

• Tuffy
      • Jul 2006

Im using Nero OEM ver 6.3.1.26. I have been reluctant to upgrade to newer versions as Shrink appears to have had problems working with some newer Nero versions eg ver 6.6.0.17.........and at the time, I took the view that if it works, then it doesn't need upgrading !

I'm using Verbatim DVD+R's.

I have just recently changed from using DVD-R's as my JVC stand alone DVD player was having problems recognising some DVD-R's. I usually allow Shrink to control Nero to burn my backup movies; and if I wanted a second copy, I would manually use Nero.

Shrink would not allow me to use the bitset function, as it was always greyed out; hence my reason for using CD-DVD Speed program.

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

that old version of nero is the problem

it would try and bitsett dvd-r's on my computers

let's find out if your burner supports remembering bitsetting

stop using shrink to call up nero and burn manually with imgburn
        much more failsafe program, test by setting once then see if the setting sticks, if it works with imgburn then you should upgrade nero

I use nero 6.6.0.18 from here and have 4 burners that auto bitsett all dvd+r's

Comment

• Tuffy
          • Jul 2006

Many thanks for your help

I will begin tomorrow installing Imberg and learning about using the program from the wealth of material already posted on this forum.

I knew it was just a matter of time before I was required to change the way I backed up my DVD's....................

Any tips, leads, latest links or versions on where I begin to read on how to sucessfully begin this transiton would be greatfully appreciated.

A question that come to mind is, do I uninstall shrink first then install imberg, then install the modified version of shrink, etc ?

Again many thanks for your help

Tuffy

Comment

• Chewy
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2003

A question that come to mind is, do I uninstall shrink first then install imberg, then install the modified version of shrink, etc ?
            that sounds right, but first just do a manual burn and save the burn log, be sure and use +R, set the burn speed to 8x or lower and set it to bitsett

do the shrink change after you test imgburn and bitsetting

Comment

• soup
              Just Trying To Help
              • Nov 2005

Dvd Shrink/ImgBurn: http://www.digital-digest.com/softwa...3&ssid=0&did=7.

ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/.

ImgBurn Guides: http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showforum=4.

Comment

Working...