Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • radrat
    • Dec 2006

Nero won't recognize a DVD to burn a saved ISO image

I've burned MANY DVD's so far. But I just installed a LiteOn SHW-160P6S CD/DVD drive and have used it with Ulead with success. I've even authored in nero and used it to burn a DVD that way. My problem is that when I put a DVD in the drive and use Nero start smart and just choose to just burn an image from my hard drive (an .ISO), I choose all the right settings, at least I think, and when I hit burn it spits out the disc and tells me I'm using the wrong medium. I've attached some images to help, I hope! I'm getting frustrated with it now, because when I go into settings in the nero program it won't let me change to DVD settings. I have windows XP with service pack 2 and like I said, I've done all of this before on this computer, but I just can't seem to get nero working right. This is a bundled version that casme with the LiteOn drive.
    By the way, this is my first post here but not my first time. You all have solved a few of my past "issues" just from reading this forum. Please help me with this one!?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by radrat; 24 Dec 2006, 04:40 AM.
  • radrat
    • Dec 2006

O.K. I just converted the .ISO to a Hard Disc Folder in DVDShrink and burned it using Nero and it worked just fine. I guess my question is, Can't you burn an ISO image with Nero Express 6? and if so, How?!

Comment

• soup
      Just Trying To Help
      • Nov 2005

Just to check it out, why don't you try burning that ISO with ImgBurn, make sure you save the log so if you have a problem, you can post it. In the meantime can you post the Nero log.

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

in your 2 nd step/picture you have cd selected not dvd
        for the drive?

Comment

• radrat
          • Dec 2006

Chewy, I click on DVD ,obviously, but it forces the CD option. Since posting this, I've been able to burn other ISO images. I don't understand why it refused earlier, but it works now. Thanks for the replies. Morgan

Comment

Working...