Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • topgazza
    • Jun 2006

Printable Disks

I have been using the usual white printable disks and have been very happy with the results on my Epson R360 printer. I see there are plenty of silver prinatble face disks...which puzzles me as I can't see the surface as being acceptable for inkjet inks.

I have some CDs that are supposed to be prinatble and are silver and the ink just sits on the face and is a very patchy poor image. Can anyone advise please...?
  • katzdvd
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Feb 2006

The Silver Inkjet printable discs will accept the ink properly, just as the white ones do.
    I have some CDs that are supposed to be prinatble and are silver and the ink just sits on the face and is a very patchy poor image.
    I would make sure that they are truly printable ones; If the ink does not dry properly, & wipes off easily, then they are not.

The true Silver Inkjet printables turn out a more "metallic" looking print. They have a more brilliant appearance, but takes a lot of ink (vivid color) to make them look nice. I have not had any problems with the ink looking "patchy", etc. After using both, I believe I personally prefer the white discs.

Also, I let them dry overnight & they apply a clear sealer spray (PLAID - Patrica Nimocks) avail. at Wal-Mart/Other Craft Stores. The Gloss looks better than the Matte.

These are my personal experiences; other members may have different results/experiences to post

Regards, katz

Comment

• rdf123
      • Dec 2006

I have had lots of luck with Memorex DVD-R discs. I print them on my Epson 220 and let them dry 24 hours and they look really really good. I am assuming they are available where you are and not just Canada. The part number on the cellophane package is 3202 4738. I don't know if they are compatable with your drives over there as I am pretty new to this.

Comment

Working...