Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doug13
    • Oct 2006

Dvd +/- R

Happy New year Everyone. I have been using sony -R dvd with liitle to no problems, was given maxell +R's for xmas. Tried them and although they burn they won't pay in my DVD Player. Checked the disk and their appears to be two seperate files, Audio and Video TS. Yet i burned the same movie with sony and it played ok. Used DVDFabPlat. Used this to burn both + and - dvd's. with the problem only occurrring on the maxell. Is there a great difference between +/- DVD, I have read that there wasn't suppose to be or am I doing something Wrong any help appreciated. Thanks

PS shrink wouldn't work some re ????? error.
  • Gary D
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2005

Did you try bitsetting your DVD+Rs to DVD-ROMs??

Here is some info on bitsetting: http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...threadid=46559
    Gary D

Comment

• TNT
      DVD Shrinker
      • Jan 2004

If it's an older player it just may not like +R's. There's not much you can do if that's the case besides bitsetting to DVD-ROM as mentioned above.
      Beauty is in the eye of the Beer-Holder.
      I'm in shape. ROUND is a shape. - George Carlin

How to choose an HDTV, Step by Step

Comment

• jm1647
        An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
        • Apr 2005

If you haven't updated your burner firmware in a while, it could be a new MID that your burner doesn't recognize or like.

Comment

• doug13
          • Oct 2006

=/-r

Thnks guys for your help, yest the firmware was updated to present' the dvd player is relative new and sems to except all tried into two diff players same result. OK will try the bit setting if I can figure out how to do it after I read the Threats once again ths for the help. Doug

Comment

• Chewy
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2003

give imgburn a try, at least download it and stick a blank in and copy and paste from the right screen which shows your drive, it's firmware and the mid code and burn speeds for your blank

this is the kind of information needed to see if we can solve your problem
            Last edited by Chewy; 6 Jan 2007, 04:57 AM.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
              Queen of Digital Video
              Queen of Digital Video
              • Jan 2004

Or you may want to try and exchange them for -R discs some stores will take them back if you dont use more then 1 or 2 of them.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

Working...