Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robertogroup
    • Feb 2007

error running ripit4me

Sorry about the mispost. I hope this is more correct.

I got a process error 5 severe in Ripit4me. Things looked ok to my feeble newbie mind. I have attached files as I understand FAQ 8. If I've violated any rules, please let me know and please don't penalize me. I'm trying to abide as I understand them. Thanks for the help and tolerance. I tried to burn it and got the following burn error in text file. Other files are zipped.

Thanks for the help

Robert
    Attached Files
  • soup
    Just Trying To Help
    • Nov 2005

This is not your problem but the default now is 300.

I 13:57:08: VOB Scan: Scan cells lasting less than: 120
    As far as I can tell, everything went fine with RipIt4Me & Dvd Shrink. I haven't checked Nero yet.

Edit, yes it is a Nero error but you will have to wait on the pros from Dover. While you are waiting, why not read The Golden Rules, it's better than any magazine.
    Last edited by soup; 28 Feb 2007, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• robertogroup
      • Feb 2007

Thanks for reply

The first error "process 5" came before Nero. I was splitting backup onto two disks. Nero failed on burn late in second disk. I reran ripit4me and got same error.

I really appreciate all of you gals and guys helping us "slow" newbies out.

Robert

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

was the error in the shrink reauthor part?

ripit ran fine, did you play shrink's output files before burning?

ritek G05 have consistency problems, lot of bad batches with several bad disks in a row

use TY, verbatim or even sony media

Comment

• robertogroup
          • Feb 2007

where was error?

There were 2 different errors. One occurred while Ripit4me was ripping and/or analyzing disk. The other occurred late in writing the disk. There was no error while I was in the reauthoring part of DVD Shrink.

I now now that some of these Maxell disks are bad. I didn't know till now that they were Ritek.

Thanks for the attention. Any other suggestions?

Robert

Comment

• Chewy
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2003

I scanned and replaced all my bad G05 disks about a year ago, there were a few that had burned good and stayed good for some time.

those matsh!ta drives are not the best either

it's a lose/lose situation especially with a laptop

be thinking about a good external dvd burner and maybe an external hard drive also

about the only brand names you can trust are verbatim and maybe sony anymore

Comment

• robertogroup
              • Feb 2007

brands/ and successful rip

I have Emprex internal on a desktop and a Sony external DVD DL writer on another desktop. I've had trouble with both of those. But may be media trouble as I didn't have any knowledge about that. This time one of the errors occured in the ripping phase. I hope it is not a problem with my Mat****a drive. It seems the best of the three.

I just down loaded the updated ripit4me and tried ripping it again (third time total)--Ripping was successful without error. Could there have been a fix in program that made it successful today?

I don't have time to try back up with shrink and Nero at the moment. I'll post results in this thread. I hope my posts are appropriate (if not will someone please advise.)

Robert

Comment

• Chewy
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2003

Unless the sony is one of the first generations you might be able to update and do a better job than with the laptop, if it's over 2 years old then probably
                won't help.

Comment

• robertogroup
                  • Feb 2007

sony

Sony is about 1 year old. I'll see about update of firmware.

I just completed burn of backup, it was successful this time. Yeah! Thanks for the help

Robert

Comment

Working...