Burned dvd freezes on one player but plays fine on another WTF?! (help please)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • parachutestx
    • Apr 2005

Burned dvd freezes on one player but plays fine on another WTF?! (help please)

Hello,

I just got done burning a dvd-r and I watched it till about the 8 minute mark tried it again and it does the same thing so I reburned with a new image file of the same video and low and behold same issue. Well I took it to our other dvd player in the living room *the more expensive one* and played it and it played through the disc fine even past the freezing point when it played on the first player......I dont understand this *My dvd player which it froze on is a JVC*

What could be the issue here ? I mean itll play other dvd-rs fine.

Also I have a Pioneer DVR-A08XL Now its a good burner but its picky about certain brands and I brought home a pack of Phillips DVD-R's which for some reason it doesnt like when I tested it and I upgraded the firmware with no luck any way I can fix this issue with it not liking the brand of disc?
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

lots of bad batches of those disks

get the good stuff, verbatim, TY and sony

actually do your players not like dvd+r's?

Comment

• kuneo
      • Jan 2004

Its the CHIPS man.

Some home DVD player's have the right chip's,and some don't for decoding and playing "burned" DVD's.

Even though the blank media could be the problem....your situation just sounds like your JVC doesn't have the right chip's that decode burned DVD's well.

K

Comment

• beachbumm33
        Digital Video Enthusiast
        Digital Video Enthusiast
        • Feb 2007

My picky Toshiba player pixelates and freezes when playing dvd-r's, but since i started bitsetting with dvd+r's, no playback problems whatsoever.
        As Chewy great emphasized to me in the past....good media, good burner, and finding the right compatibility for your stand alone players does ya wonders.

Comment

Working...