Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

Youcan't copy on the fly with protected dvd's or even image them, you have to rip to the hard drive with dvddecypter or dvdshrink then burn those files

Comment

• joebeaven
      • Mar 2007

OK, but Nero won't even get started copying any DVDs at all now, it just says the drive is empty which never happened before I updated the firmware. I've just reinstalled Nero, but that hasn't helped. Do you know how I can correct that?

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

about the only dvd's nero should used to copy are data ones or backups you have already burned

if you are trying to copy commercial video dvd's then use dvddecrypter to rip to the hard drive and then dvdshrink to reauthor/and or compress then burn with nero

dvdshrink still works by itself for a lot of titles tho

for newer protections like sony, disney and others use, you'll have to use
        ripit4me

dvd43 has been abandoned

Comment

• joebeaven
          • Mar 2007

Nero always at least started to copy any DVD or CD I tried to copy before the firmware update. I never saw the "Please insert the original disc" message before that. Now I get it every time whenever I try to copy any DVD or CD whatever is on them.

Comment

Working...