Clear All
  • Art Vandelay
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Feb 2006

TS-H653L Problems

@Chewy, are you there?

EDIT: using new version of IMGBURN

I went with that new HP Media Center and it didn't have a LG drive in it eventhough the floor model did. It has the TS-H653L made by Samsung with firmware 0314 and it is a SATA drive and so is the DVD-ROM. I burnt a DVD+RW Sony (MIJ) and the verification failed so it played terribley on the PC or TV DVD player. I erased the DVD and burn't again and it played fine. So I have now burn't 3 DVD's and 2 have failed very badly the verification phase. Right from the start error messages are coming up. I am not pulling out the Vertim DL's yet.

I went to the HP website and I see 0414 firmware is avaliable but when i run it I get a message saying your system doesn't meet minimum requirements (9994) and it quits. I am running XP Media Center not Vista. I have restarted many times and downloaded may times but it just won't let me update.

I got this machine and I have this problem and the Media center pic. quality is terrible, thougth it might be from R59 cable but looks the same with SVIDEO, and I can't get the NVIDIA GeForce 7500LE to clone I must select PC ot TV. The last HP Media Center had th same card and I had DVI to PC and SVIDEO to TV and I could clone. This setup I am using VGA to PC and SVIDEO to TV and can't clone. I was on the phone with HP yesterday and the call got droped 3 times. Today I got through and the person had no idea. I think I may have a Media Center built for me.

Any ideas on the DVD-RW.

Thanks in advance.

AV
    Last edited by Art Vandelay; 20 Mar 2007, 01:01 PM. Reason: forgot info.
Working...