White Inkjet Printable Verbatim 4X DVD-R Media 200 Spindle - .27 ea./Free Ground Ship

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • katzdvd
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Feb 2006

White Inkjet Printable Verbatim 4X DVD-R Media 200 Spindle - .27 ea./Free Ground Ship

27 ea. for Printable Verbatims sounds good to me. I know, 4X & DVD-R, but some of us still use that old slow clunky media!

http://www.supermediastore.com/verba...00#description<!-- / message --><!-- sig --> __________________
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

just avoid these

Comment

• katzdvd
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Feb 2006

just avoid these
      Is there any way to know which ones those are w/o viewing the mid code? I don't know what they mean by "Pearl White".

Comment

• ipaulo
        • Apr 2006

This is just a guess on the term pearl white. I would have to say that it means that the base is whiter and shinier, more sheen if you will. Thus producing a more vibrant printed image. So far I have tried TYs, Verbs and Fujis-(Riteks) printable disc. The Fujis have the whitest base of the three, and produce a more brighter, vibrant image. But scans the worst of the three. The next whitest are the Verbs and then the TYs. Well the TYs give me the best burns, though not the brightest image. I care more about the burn then the picture, so I'm sticking with the TYs. I'm tempted to try the TY silver printables, I understand they put out a nice printed image.

Comment

• katzdvd
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Feb 2006

I'm tempted to try the TY silver printables, I understand they put out a nice printed image.
          I've used those & also the white ones, & I believe I prefer the white ones more; can't really explain it - the white discs leave you with a clearer? picture, while the shiny ones seem to need more ink to make the contrast look right.

I don't know if that makes sense, but that is about the best way I can explain it without you actually seeing it. The shiny ones still look good, don't get me wrong, but I just prefer the white ones...

Comment

• ipaulo
            • Apr 2006

Well that settles it then, I'll stick with the white ones. I think I know what you mean about the silver ones. Your right is hard to explain. More blurr and a metallic looking finish. Do you use Epson Print CD? I can't seem to find how to apply more ink. I just wish TY would start making their base a lot whiter. IMO this would give you a better picture.
            Last edited by ipaulo; 9 Apr 2007, 03:46 AM.

Comment

• katzdvd
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Feb 2006

More blurr and a metallic looking finish.
              That's pretty close; sort of a "washed - out" metallic shiny finish? It is acceptable, but again, the white ones are more crisp, at least the way I print them. Others may have a way of printing them that really looks good, I haven't really researched it very much to see if I could get it to look better.
              Do you use Epson Print CD?
              Yes. I find it to be acceptable for my projects. Here again, there may be better software out there to use, but this seems to suit my needs.
              I can't seem to find how to apply more ink.
              Click on the printer icon in the toolbar. From there, click on "Manual Print" (see pic) & then "Properties" for your printer. You can adjust the amount of ink in there. Works for me... <BR>

<BR>
              Last edited by katzdvd; 9 Apr 2007, 06:14 AM.

Comment

• ipaulo
                • Apr 2006

Thanks katz, mine looks a little different. I believe it's the settings on the right side, saturation. Everything seems to be working fine, so I won't mess with them. Unless I try the silver ones, which I dought very much. Thanks again.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...