Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kevin_uk_38
    • Apr 2007

disc problem

Hi all.I'm new here so please forgive me if i am asking a dumb question.
    I have recently started backing up my dvd's.
    The only way i can successfully do this is to use dvd decrypter to make an ISO file which i then create an DVD MDS file from. So far, so good. If i use a Tevion DVD+RW i can play it back on my DVD player but if i use TDK DVD+R this will not play back in my DVD player.
    I have read countless guides which say to simply use DVd decrypter to make an ISO file & burn it yet this doesn't work. I haven't yet seen a guide that says to make an MDS file...yet this works. I'm baffled lol.
    I don't really want to store my DVD's on RW's. If anyone can offer any advise it would be greatly recieved.
    Kev
  • soup
    Just Trying To Help
    • Nov 2005

First question is, do these dvd+r's play on your computer? Can you post a burn log, Program Files / Dvd Decrypter / Log, copy&paste in to a reply post? When you do an ISO read with Dvd Decrypter it creates two files one of them is an MDS file which contains the layer break information that is recquired to burn DL. An alternative to DL burning would be using DvdFab Decrypter to rip to your hard drive then using Dvd Shrink to make it fit on a single layer disc & creating an ISO which you could burn with ImgBurn (Dvd Decrypter's burn engine updated).

Comment

Working...