Nero 7 won't blank rewritable DVD's anymore...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Change
    • May 2006

Nero 7 won't blank rewritable DVD's anymore...

Hi all. I'm in need of your assistance once more.

I upgraded to Nero 7 about 2 months ago, at first I had no problems. I can still burn DVD-/+R and even Dual Layer discs without problem. But, when I insert a DVD-RW with data already written to it, and attempt to burn, Nero pops up the obligatory screen of "There is already data blah blah blah, Nero can erase it for you now, would you like to continue?"

At this point it's a crap shoot. I'll click "yes" to continue, and it will go through the erasing disc dialogue, but then Nero pops up the same window again when I attempt to write again. Saying there is still data on the disc... It will do this over and over and over.

It just recently started giving me this problem, and I'm not sure why. But here's the tricky part... After I go through the erase dialogue in Nero Recode, the PC won't recognize any data on the DVD. It believes the DVD is blank... Yet Nero says it's not blank, and will freeze my pc if I try to access the data through Nero.

So it's erasing some part of the data, or the lead in, or something... so there's no recognizable data on the RW at that point from my drive. But it still won't burn over it... I don't get it at all.

Anyone have any ideas? I searched, and was unable to find anything like this problem.

Thanks.

-Brian
  • Change
    • May 2006

I should also add, ImgBurn is able to blank the disc's and rewrite to them. It's only Nero giving me the problem.

Comment

Working...