Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • depawl
    • May 2007

Another Nero Burn Problem

Like many others on this forum I am unable to burn a DVD slide show using Nero 7. first tried with OEM version that came with my burner (lite-on LH-18A1P), couldn't get past the decoding phase, downloaded Nero 7 version, gets to the burning phase, then stops with the "burn process failed" error. After searching several other posts on this forum I've uninstalled and reinstalled Nero 7 (using the Nero General Clean Tool), checked for firmware updates for my burner (none available), and tried burning at 4x. My logfile is attached.

<nero vision="" project="" information=""><end of="" project="" information=""><lite-on dvdrw="" lh-18a1p=""><ide><not specified=""></not></ide></lite-on></end></nero>
    Attached Files
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

I would assume you are using the original power supply in that older computer?

Try to free up some resources also

Lower the burn speed to 4X

save the output to the hard drive and burn manually

might even try imgburn for that part

the aspi can be a problem especially with that sonic crap running

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

you might want to set the temp folder locale to your other hard drive, space permitting, and address those errors vision is giving you, that's why I always process to the hard drive, check the output, then burn manually

Comment

• depawl
        • May 2007

Chewy:
        Installed a new ps last fall. I set the burn speed to 4x in Nero, but I noticed that the log said burning at 8x. Any ideas? I'm planning on trying to save to hd first then burn. Not sure what you mean by: the aspi can be a problem especially with that sonic crap running. I have no Sonic programs that I'm aware of. Also, how do I set the Temp folder?
        Thanks much.
        Dennis

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

in vision configuration I set my temp folder to a different hard drive and then save the output files to another one

if the vision encode works right and plays fine then burn

'Drivers\ASPI32.SYS': Ver=4.71 (0001), size=17005 bytes, created 8/14/2002 4:03:36 PM
          [21:59:41] NeroVision File 'Drivers\PXHELP20.SYS': Ver=2.03.32a, size=20640 bytes, created 4/18/2006 6:34:55 PM (Prassi/Veritas driver for win 2K)

Comment

• depawl
            • May 2007

Thanks Chewy, have to leave Town for a couple days,I'll give it a try when I get back. My question was regardiing your statement about Sonic, I don't have any Sonic programs that I'm aware of.

Comment

• Chewy
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2003

The PxHelp20.sys process is part of Roxio PX Engine of Roxio. Here are further details of PxHelp20.sys, and whether it might be a virus or spyware.

google is my main support tool

Comment

• depawl
                • May 2007

As you suggested I burned an image to my hard drive, that completed successfully. It created a folder called Video_TS that contains several files with .ifo, .bup, and .vob extensions, and neither Nero Burn nor img burn seem to recognize any of those files. Any suggestions?
                Thanks so much.

Comment

• Chewy
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2003

see the 2 stickies at the top of this subforum on burning a dvd with nero

see imgburn for build mode

Comment

• depawl
                    • May 2007

Chewy:
                    Worked like a charm. Thanks for all your assistance.
                    Depawl

Comment

• donmaster
                      • Aug 2007

I hve got nero installed on my computer but for some reason, DVD Shrink won't burn the DVD. It only encodes and backs it up on to my hard drive. Has anyone got any suggestions? My Nero version is 6.3.1.26.

Comment

• Chewy
                        Super Moderator
                        • Nov 2003

we don't support dvd shrink any more due to rule changes

we are glad to help with nero, welcome to the forum, there are several stickies at the top of the page I linked to

Comment

Working...