I'm not sure where to ask this... But it happened under IMGburn.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • XweAponX
    LuK rules
    • Oct 2006

I'm not sure where to ask this... But it happened under IMGburn.

My Burner:

Device Description
    LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1H
    Device Specs:

Device Description LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1H
    Firmware Revision LL0C
    Firmware Date 6/20/2007
    Buffer Size 2 MB
    Region Code 1
    Remaining User Changes 4
    Remaining Vendor Changes 4

Supported Disk Types
    BD-ROM Not Supported
    BD-R Not Supported
    BD-RE Not Supported
    HD DVD-ROM Not Supported
    HD DVD-R Not Supported
    HD DVD-RW Not Supported
    DVD-ROM Read
    DVD+R9 Dual Layer Read + Write
    DVD+R Read + Write
    DVD+RW Read + Write
    DVD-R9 Dual Layer Read + Write
    DVD-R Read + Write
    DVD-RW Read + Write
    DVD-RAM Read + Write
    CD-ROM Read
    CD-R Read + Write
    CD-RW Read + Write

Optical Drive Features
    Buffer Underrun Protection Supported
    C2 Error Pointers Supported
    CD+G Not Supported
    CD-Text Supported
    Hybrid Disc Not Supported
    JustLink Supported
    LabelFlash Not Supported
    Layer-Jump Recording Supported
    LightScribe Supported
    Mount Rainier Not Supported
    SMART Not Supported
    SolidBurn Not Supported
    CSS Supported
    CPRM Supported
    AACS Not Supported
    VCPS Not Supported
    BD CPS Not Supported
    Ok. This is a 20x Lite On LightScribe DVD±R/RW/DL drive:

Lite-On 20x DVD Burner at NewEgg

The model number is listed as LH-20A1H-185, just like my System detects it.

Now here is what happened.

One day I was burning my weekly stack of prepared DVD images. I started off, burnt about 4 of the images off, and then suddenly IMGburn kept producing coasters.

I put a disk I had already burnt... It did not detect. I rebooted, and it detected. But not when I switched to another disk. I rebooted again, and it detected the disk when the system booted, but not when I switched disks, even to factory DVD disks: Data or Video.

Somewhere in IMGburn it encouraged me to look for a Firmware Update... Maybe in the log messages.

So, I installed a FW update, it was revision B and the file name was

LL0B.exe

And I have no problem with administering the update, it goes right in under XP.

About 3 months later, maybe less: The same thing started happening again. I tried everything, the unit DID NOT detect any medium I stuck in the drive: CD, DVD, Burnt, Bought, Copied, Original. No Dice, No Slice.

And so I got the "Update F/W" Message again... and this time it was Revision C.

LLOC.exe - Went in "Like Butter" and it ran swell after.

Well, about 2 months or so after that, guess what IMGburn did? Yep, Coasters! And once more, that message, Check F/W-

This time, the file name was

LLO6.exe... NOT following the pattern, there.

Well, the File Version for LLOC is 2.2.39
    The File version for LL06 is 2.2.34.0!

I checked the file version number for LLOB and LLOB was the same as LLOC... So, I don't even know where this update came from, but it was a necessary U/D, cos the drive refused to detect until I applied the F/W.

I'm Stumped:

The big questions are these: Does the LH-20A1H's Firmware automatically crap out after a period of time? Making the F/W update required?

Anyone else have this exact model and have these things or similar happen?

The relationship between the LH-20A1H and IMGburn is that this problem usually arises in the middle of a DL Burn... But I have had the problem happen in a SL burn too. What happens is that the Verification will fail, and when you burn another disk from the same image, the medium will not detect (And the arrow will never become green).

Once that happens, FW revision time.

I am kind of irked, cos I really like this drive: Moreover, I have about 4 other LiteOn (16x DL) drives and none of them have done anything like this.
    "If anyone needs to talk about... Other Stuff, refer to my home page" = xWx
  • blutach
    Not a god of digital video
    • Oct 2004

Clearly not an ImgBurn issue. Moved to Blank Media and Burning forum.

Regards
    Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
    [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

redownload LL0C

shut down the computer, make sure the druve is jumpered master and on a good new 80 wire cable, at the end of the cable, no other drive connected to the cable or that power lead(use the power connector closest to the power supply)

boot into safe mode and reflash, this is critical to get a good flash, you are disabling dma in safe mode and normal mode of dma4 is too fast for a good flash

reboot and do some tests, that's a good scanning drive, use single layer premium media and burn a data disk with cdspeed at max speed, save the graph, do a disk quality check at 4x and save the graph

don't do anything during the burn or the scan

Comment

Working...