Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • p23185
    • Dec 2004

Memorex DVD+RW 8x will not respond to Pion DVR-111D

I have some Memorex DVD+RW, 8x disks (Ritek 008) which will not accept a write command from Nero Burning Rom v.7 I took the advice on this form and used the NEro speed tool to look at one of the blank disks and ran the speed test and all I could get is here http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...dRW8xblank.jpg When trying to burn, Nero Burning ROM tells me this http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...eroburnrom.jpg

I have no other problems with this burner and have use many different brands of DVD-R (my general preference).

I can burn these Memorex DVD+RW, 8x disks (Ritek 008) on my other PC using a Memorex burner, but this PC is not fast enough for video editing work. Any ideas? Don't suggest I swap burners on the two PCs - already had to do that because Mem burner would not function reliably on my video PC and neither Nero nor Mem could find an answer. I finally solved that one by using the Pioneer DVR-111D on my video PC and it has worked flawlessly until now with these rewritable disks.
  • p23185
    • Dec 2004

A quick update - I can use the Memorex DVD+RW, 8x in the Pioneer DVR-111D AFTER they have been through the first burn in the other PC with the Memorex burner. I have no idea what the Memorex did to "Prepare" the media. Solution is to always burn first in the Memorex and from there forward I can use the faster PC with the Pioneer DVR-111D.

Any thoughts? What is the message on photobucket that says "formatting disk failed" as supplied by the Nero Burning Rom?

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

Any thoughts?
      do a full format(15 min at 4x or 30 min at 2x) when you first initialize an rw

then try to burn to them

of course with memorex that's 1 strike, with nero that's another
      your burner adds another, that's three

use imgburn and do a full format, nero works too?

Comment

Working...