X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • colin99
    • Dec 2007

Cannot write compilation to selected recorders simultaneously

All

I was once able to carry out simultaneous DVD burns on my drives (they are all different). One by one, combinations of drives have now stopped working with "Cannot write compilation to selected recorders simultaneously" error. No combination of drives now works. This seems illogical to me, I suspect a registry entry has somehow been marked to disallow certain combinations though I could be way off there. There is plenty of memory (1GB).

Error log is shown attached.

Any help most appreciated.

Colin

<ide><lite-on dvdrw="" lh-20a1h=""><ide><lite-on dvdrw="" lh-20a1h=""><ide><v:\nero\tempimage.nrg><not specified="">
    </not></v:\nero\tempimage.nrg></ide></lite-on></ide></lite-on></ide>
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Chewy; 10 Dec 2007, 11:10 AM.
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

well there's so much wrong, I don't know where to start

maybe I could help if you explained what in the heck you were trying to do?

first you need to understand the "basics" before you can master an advanced technique like simultaneous burning
    Last edited by Chewy; 10 Dec 2007, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• colin99
      • Dec 2007

Chewy

Simultaneous burning always used to work (despite my drives being different models), there have been no hardware changes since. So I'm simply trying to burn two copies of my image file at once, at 16X (or 12X, that doesn't work either). I don't care which two drives I use. The point is that I sometimes need multiple copies of a DVD-R, and simultaneous writing saves a lot of time.

I can write the image file to any of my three drives with no issues. I can even write to multiple using more than once instance of Nero (so the hardware is still capable), but that is clumsy and confusing.

I've been using Nero for some time and know it quite well.

(Couldn't post the nero log inline, it is a little too long, so it is an attachment, have you been able to view this?)

Regards,

Colin

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

that's strange, here, at the imgburn forum and over at cdfreaks, this argument comes up from time to time and noone has ever shown simultaneous burning of the same source set of files/image to really save any significant time, all you really do is thrash you hard drive

you might look at your settings burning the nrg file, they look strange

winaspi, incd and pxhelp all need to go, they are an accident waiting to happen

Comment

Working...