Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • poke73
    • Dec 2007

DVD Pauses

I've backedup about 7 home movies of my children and family and have had a minor problem. A few movies pause every 15 minutes for about 1 second, then carry on untill the next 15 min (i.e 14:59, 29:59, 44:59 etc). These were not all backed up on the same day but were all backed up on the same media from the same spool (hp dvd light-scribe -r 16x, burned at 8x's). Did I click or un-click an option that may have caused this issue? I'm using an avi to dvd converter then nero to create my dvd. Is it possible that I've checked/unchecked something when doing other burning? These are my personal hove videos taken with my cam-corder at family events over the past few years and are not of any copy-write enfrindgment.

Thanks!
    Last edited by poke73; 12 Dec 2007, 07:07 AM.
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

well when doing a conversion it's best to save to your hard drive before burning, I then play with a software player, and make sure it's fine, then I burn it.

If you are sure that the conversion is ok then post the nero burn log, if it's bad then try another software like dvd flick for the conversion

Comment

• poke73
      • Dec 2007

Thanks, I'll give it a try and hopefully all goes well.

Comment

• poke73
        • Dec 2007

Thanks

everything looks to be working very well with that programe you recomended Chewy, I do have 2 follow up questions for you. I noticed that there was ntsc and ntsc-film, what is the difference? I was also wondering do home dvd players play double layer dvd's as the home movies are on 2 disc's and would easily fit on a double if that were the case.

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

leave them on 2 disks, dual layer blanks are expensive, burning them is problematic and players are more quirky about playing them

I use ntsc myself

hit the little i next to target format for film explaination

Comment

Working...