Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nagidar
    • Feb 2008

Slow load with eraseable media on stand-alone player

I use Nero and Dvd R+ to make data discs with no problem. However when I burn a Dvd +RW it takes a long time to load and has a lot of freezing frames, I changed to Burnaware and the player sometimes comes back with a no disc error, after re-loading 2 or 3 times it plays with no problems, no freezing.
    Would using Dvd -RW help at all?
    Thanks
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

try to buy quality rw's, standalones have more issues in general with any rw.

Use Imgburn to do a full erase/formatting of the disk when you first use it, take extra care of the disks, they don't last forever.

When you do an error scan of an rw, it's obvious they are not up to making a high quality burn. RW's are not really worth the hassle for the few cents saved.

Comment

• nagidar
      • Feb 2008

Thanks for the prompt reply. I use Maxell discs so they should be ok.
      I'll try ImagBurn. I like to preview shows before I decide to keep them...don't have enough money to just burn and discard. :-]
      Thanks again.

Comment

• nagidar
        • Feb 2008

Solved it..got some Dvd RW- and they work fine.

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

A lot of earlier standalones don't like dvd+ disks, some maxell dvd+rw's are cruddy.

I preview my work from the hard drive before I burn, only use rw's for something I want to watch on the hd bigscreen and might not want to keep.

Comment

Working...