Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scotskitten
    • Apr 2008

At wits end :(

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have been burning files with the same media for a while now nad evrything was ok, until recently. Now i cant seem to burn anything, i keep getting the message 'Burning Process Failed' and i know its not the files as i have tried it with diffirent files. I have saved the error log with the hope that someone can understand it as it just going right over my head

I am at my wits end with this, its been going on for about a week now. Scared to try it again incase i just throw the bloody pc out the window

Please Help.

Angela
    Attached Files
  • locoeng
    Who Farted?
    • Dec 2005

Try to burn the project again with Imgburn and post the log from there. Build mode will burn the project, just add the VIDEO_TS folder created with Nero to the queue and burn it to your blank disc.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
    Walt Kelly

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

it's a small world and why do so many laptop drives have so many problems

try lowering the burn speed to 4x, use ac power and burn the file manually after the conversion

Comment

• scotskitten
        • Apr 2008

Thanx for your help but i found out the problem, its the media that was corupt and like a fud i didnt check that
        1st

So thanx again for the help *walks away with head held in shame LOL*

Comment

• locoeng
          Who Farted?
          • Dec 2005

Glad you got it sorted...happy burning.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
          Walt Kelly

Comment

• DrinkOrDie
            It Was The Dog, I Swear!
            • Nov 2003

Of course the media was corrupt. That's what happens when the burn process fails.
            My toy:

Custom Build PC Born on 03-08-08AMD Athlon64 X2 6400+ (3.21Ghz) (Black Edition) on overclock ready Asus M2R32-MVP Crossfire AMD chipset Mobo, 8-Channel HD Audio, Windows XP MCE, 2GB 800Mhz DDR2, 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, 500GB SATA-II HardDisks X 4 in RAID 4 mode,(1.5 TB storage capacity + 500GB eSata external) Sony MultiRec DVD-RW, PCI-HDTV Tuner, SOYO Topaz S 24" Wide LCD 1920X1200

Comment

• Westly32
              • Jun 2006

Originally Posted by scotskitten
              Thanx for your help but i found out the problem, its the media that was corupt and like a fud i didnt check that
              1st

So thanx again for the help *walks away with head held in shame LOL*
              What was the brand name of the media you were using? I tried searching for it in your Nero log, but having just spent nearly 2 months wrangling with my own burner issues, my eyes started to well up less than half way thru scanning all that..
              I had 2 consecutive bouts with bad spindles of Verbatim -Rs. Never had a problem with Verbs before and assumed the buner was conking out. Tried some Sonys, and they burned without a hitch.

Comment

• Chewy
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2003

.MCC.03..RG20..
                usually 16x verbatim dvd-r

Comment

• Westly32
                  • Jun 2006

^^Uh huh, those were the culprits for me, in the new purple and orange packaging. I am trying some +R Verbs (they were on sale, so thought I'd try'em), and have had no problems thus far.
                  Crosses fingers.

Comment

• DrinkOrDie
                    It Was The Dog, I Swear!
                    • Nov 2003

Originally Posted by Westly32
                    ...Tried some Sonys, and they burned without a hitch.
                    Bingo!

I've never had bad burns with Sony media. I've had spools of Verbatim disks and nearly half end up in the trash can. Even worse luck with Memorex.
                    My toy:

Custom Build PC Born on 03-08-08AMD Athlon64 X2 6400+ (3.21Ghz) (Black Edition) on overclock ready Asus M2R32-MVP Crossfire AMD chipset Mobo, 8-Channel HD Audio, Windows XP MCE, 2GB 800Mhz DDR2, 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, 500GB SATA-II HardDisks X 4 in RAID 4 mode,(1.5 TB storage capacity + 500GB eSata external) Sony MultiRec DVD-RW, PCI-HDTV Tuner, SOYO Topaz S 24" Wide LCD 1920X1200

Comment

• dr_ml422
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • May 2007

Sonys have been good to me also. Burn pretty well in every burner I have, except for my Pioneer 112d. Memorex, and HP forget about it. Just now backing up some stuff previously on HP w/TYs and many have just disintegrated. Thank God, the genre of my collection is vast.
                      SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

Working...