• Show
Clear All
  • rago88
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Aug 2005

Verbatim DL +R Prices..

with all the talk about Bluray and blank disks,
    do we exspect DL media to drop in price in the near future?

Best prices i have come upon has been [not including shipping] approx 1.50 per disk..

meritline, newegg, ebay...
  • rosariorose9
    Just trying to learn...
    • Jan 2007

Just picked up Verbatim +R single layers at about .19 per disc after rebate, which makes prices on DL media cost prohibitive - at least for me.

Comment

• rago88
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Aug 2005

Yes..
      I get same kind of deals on single layer Verbatim, rebates etc and single layer will always be cheaper but my post is about prices for DL which many times I want burn a full disk without any compression.

Comment

• NightTran
        King of Digital Video
        King of Digital Video
        • Aug 2005

dvd rebuilder? they are 95% quality still?
        sigpic

Comment

• rosariorose9
          Just trying to learn...
          • Jan 2007

Originally Posted by rago88
          Yes..
          I get same kind of deals on single layer Verbatim, rebates etc and single layer will always be cheaper but my post is about prices for DL which many times I want burn a full disk without any compression.
          I understand that. I would also prefer to burn my discs without any compression, but my point was that to do so is not cost effective given the price of DL discs.

In the 'trade-off' between quality and cost, I generally opt for lower cost. When quality is a top priority, I split the contents and burn it onto two discs. As an old laserdisc aficionado I'm used to changing disc at half time!!

Comment

• rosariorose9
            Just trying to learn...
            • Jan 2007

Originally Posted by NightTran
            dvd rebuilder? they are 95% quality still?
            Bingo!

Comment

• rago88
              Digital Video Expert
              Digital Video Expert
              • Aug 2005

I agree about cost...
              My collection of hundreds of backups are all single layer which look great via upscale dvd player on a plasma..
              [I burn the main movie only with 5.1 audio 99% of the time.
              I do on occasion want to keep a full disk due to an exceptional special features on the making of a certain movie which I especially liked..
              I could burn to 2 single layer but since I only do this ocassionally, a 25 DL box would last me a year or more.

I have checked and compared prices with shipping included and 50 DL for 78.00 is about the best I have found. about 1.50 per disk...
              now for 1.00 a disk, I would be apt to burn them more often.

Comment

• rosariorose9
                Just trying to learn...
                • Jan 2007

Originally Posted by rago88
                I agree about cost...
                My collection of hundreds of backups are all single layer which look great via upscale dvd player on a plasma..
                [I burn the main movie only with 5.1 audio 99% of the time.
                I do on occasion want to keep a full disk due to an exceptional special features on the making of a certain movie which I especially liked..
                I could burn to 2 single layer but since I only do this ocassionally, a 25 DL box would last me a year or more.

I have checked and compared prices with shipping included and 50 DL for 78.00 is about the best I have found. about 1.50 per disk...
                now for 1.00 a disk, I would be apt to burn them more often.
                Agree with you on all points. At $1.00 a disc I'd burn the majority on DL!!

Comment

• Chewy
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2003

not quite down to a dollar yet

Comment

Working...