Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jake Bernhard
    • Jul 2010

Dropped frame rates, backed up video on DVD

I just burned a DVD disc that had some home video on it by using Ulead DVD Movie Factory. I encoded the audio in Dolby Digital audio 448 kb/s and the video bitrate in 9600 Kbs. After burning the disc, I played it on the computer. When I played it, I got dropped frame rates causing backed-up video as the video played on. When I play it on my TV, it still gives me backed-up video and dropped frame rates. The disc image was saved on the hard drive before it burned to DVD, so I played it and I still get the same thing! It did the same exact thing on previous projects!The video wasn't like this at all before I burned it to DVD format. Is there a problem with the codec? Please help!!!
    Last edited by Jake Bernhard; 14 Jul 2010, 11:59 AM.
  • MilesAhead
    Eclectician
    • Nov 2006

9600 kbit sounds high for DVD. When I do conversions, and most tools I'm familiar with, set the max to 9000 kbit. Especially if the video by itself is over 9000 you are leaving no room for the audio.

For DVD, this bit rate calculator still works fine:

VideoHelp Bitrate calculator is a simple online java video bitrate calculator for DivX, XVCD, SVCD and DVD. Use the DivX-option for all other video formats like AVI, XviD, MP4, MKV or whatever.

If you need one for newer video types there are more on that site.

Comment

Working...