Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PCGamer
    • Mar 2012

DVD Shrink and Nero not playing happily

I recently download DVD Shrink and Nero. DVD shrink does it's job until I try to burn the disc, then it has a message above the backup target that says "To enable burning, please install Nero". Nero is clearly already installed, so its a bit frustrating. I already reinstalled both pieces of software once with no avail. Any help or advice would be more than welcome.

Thanks!,
    PCGamer
    Last edited by PCGamer; 5 Mar 2012, 08:00 AM.
  • cynthia
    Super Moderatress
    • Jan 2004

Later versions of Nero doesn't work with the first mentioned program.

Comment

• PCGamer
      • Mar 2012

So if later versions of Nero aren't compatible with DVD Shrink, why does DVD Shrink still give us that message? Regardless, in your opinion, what is the next best option to accomplish the same tasks that these programs perform?

Comment

• PurpleDemon
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Mar 2006

That is because DVD Shrink is very old and is not being developed anymore. Last release was July 25, 2004 and Nero is very new and current. No Wonder they don't speak the same language with each other.

Comment

• dddd.boy1
          dddd
          • Mar 2012

Newer alternative to dvd shrink

Like others I have found that my old favourite for burning copy protected DVD's (DVD Shrink) is incompatible with the newer versions of Nero. Any suggestions for an alternate (FREE) program?

Comment

Working...