Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mateus
    • Dec 2002

Fuzzy playback on WinDvd Platinum

Anyone else found enabling hardware acceleration in WinDvd Platinum causes the picture to go from super sharp to super crap?

I've never had this problem on any other version.

--
    p1.6 GHz
    Geforce 4 Go 440 64mb
    WinXP
  • divxdude
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Dec 2001

im guessing by your GF4 Go 440 64MB your using a laptop.

to be frank movies look like shit on LCD screens all together.

if you have a desktop, check it out on your CRT and see if it does the same thing.

and for hardware acceleration i think the Go 440 doesnt have some of the Key componants that the AGP GF4 cards have.

Like i have the Geforce 4 Ti 4600 128MB and everything is crystal clear with hardware acceleration on.

Just Ranting: i really dont understand why people use LCD's to watch movies and play video game, its a horrid combination.
    Last edited by divxdude; 2 Jan 2003, 05:15 AM.

Comment

• mateus
      • Dec 2002

Thanks divxdude,

I should have updated this thread as I have found my problem has vanished since a complete reinstall.

NVDVD has some options to whether play back is in Video or Film mode - video gives the same horrid look as before, so I guess some settings got corrupt.

I respect your opinion on CRT v LCD screens, but play back on my Inspiron 8200 with UXGA (1600x1200) is now VERY sharp. I've got a Geforce2 on my old AMD 1600 and the Philips 17" CRT is not as sharp. In fact I would same the UXGA LCD screen is too sharp cos you see all the dust and scratches on old films!

Oh, have you ever played Q3 or RTCW at 1600x1200 with all graphics settings on max? - very nice.

Comment

• admin
        Administrator
        • Nov 2001

I find that hardware acceleration will always decrease the picture quality somewhat (especially Motion Compensation). Only enable it when your computer is not fast enough to decode the video without hardware acceleration turned on.
        Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

Working...